Another Day

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited November 21, 2008 in Landscapes
I went camping with a group a couple weeks ago.
I woke up before dawn, stoked up the fire for the sleepy-heads and took a walk with my camera.

732-5x7-1891.jpg

I returned in time for ~bacon~ and a potluck breakfast of sorts. We went out and studied some geological and paleontological wonderments and went up to a an abandoned silver mine named the War Eagle for lunch.

732-5x7-j1940.jpg

After the rest of the class split off to cram themselves into the crowded Sunday evening freeway traffic I decided to stay in the desert another night and enjoyed a sunset at the marsh near the hot springs.

732-5x7-j1966.jpg

Another very mellow and enjoyable day.
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    reminds me of the movie "holes"....

sounds like a great time with friends! wished i could have made it!
    you know how much i crave geological and paleontological wonderments...
    i just wish i had a tenth of your knowledge!

thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    reminds me of the movie "holes"....

sounds like a great time with friends! wished i could have made it!
    you know how much i crave geological and paleontological wonderments...
    i just wish i had a tenth of your knowledge!

thumb.gif

I only seen part of that movie. The 'holes' were filmed at Cuddeback Dry Lake. I drove by an evening when they were shooting some night scenes. Looked wierd.

I take a lot of classes. This trip was an archaeology class with some other weird stuff thrown in since we were nearby. I know the teacher pretty well and the cook (that's very, very important). I did make some new friends. Love going out there. I'm thinking about setting up another mini-excursion/meetup to the area in a couple months. It's so much easier when it's all laid out.
    Anybody can do it.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    I only seen part of that movie. The 'holes' were filmed at Cuddeback Dry Lake. I drove by an evening when they were shooting some night scenes. Looked wierd.

I take a lot of classes. This trip was an archaeology class with some other weird stuff thrown in since we were nearby. I know the teacher pretty well and the cook (that's very, very important). I did make some new friends. Love going out there. I'm thinking about setting up another mini-excursion/meetup to the area in a couple months. It's so much easier when it's all laid out.

Excellent images and lovely colours and composition. I am sure you did the right thing by staying behind and capturing what you did.
    Regards
    Bob
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Excellent images and lovely colours and composition. I am sure you did the right thing by staying behind and capturing what you did.
    Regards
    Bob

Thank you. I had heard I missed a one hour wait in traffic. Sunday afternoons are a really bad day to head west out of the desert. The real upside is, even though I've already spent maybe a total of 10-15 days in the basin, I found more places where the light and colors are incredible at sunrise and sunset. The more I'm out there, the more I find.
    Anybody can do it.