Taylor on the deck

theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited November 23, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted anything here on dgrin and I figure it's about time. :) I recently decided to sell my Taylor guitar so I could give my kids a good Christmas and I kind of like a couple of the shots I took of it to put up on ebay, wanted to know what you guys think. C&C most welcome!!!!

Taylor912ce_010.jpg

Taylor912ce_001.jpg
Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Hey all, it's been a while since I have posted anything here on dgrin and I figure it's about time. :) I recently decided to sell my Taylor guitar so I could give my kids a good Christmas and I kind of like a couple of the shots I took of it to put up on ebay, wanted to know what you guys think. C&C most welcome!!!!

Shane I really like that first shot, but both shots are smack in the middle of the screen.

The red goes beautifully with the guitar, need to get a little more creative.
    I'm still choosing the first shot as my favourite thumb.gif

All the best with your sale .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Shane I really like that first shot, but both shots are smack in the middle of the screen.

The red goes beautifully with the guitar, need to get a little more creative.
    I'm still choosing the first shot as my favourite thumb.gif

All the best with your sale .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy!!! The guitar is in the middle of the screen only because I am using the pictures to sell the guitar on ebay....Since taking the pictures I have been wanting to get a little creative with the guitar before it (hopefully) sells but I haven't had a chance.....Really, I just wanted an excuse to post something. :ivar Thanks again!!!!!!!
    Shane

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    I really like the colour of red in this first shot. My favorite clap.gif
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Nice shots. Even better: Nice guitar. I've got the 410CE and I would hate to part with it.

On shot 1, try increasing your DOF to get both the squiggly design and the logo in focus. Personally, it kind of bugs me that the logo is fuzzy. But, that's just me.

Thanks for posting.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
    edited November 23, 2008
    roentarre wrote:
    I really like the colour of red in this first shot. My favorite clap.gif

Thanks! I thought the red went well with the guitar and the leaves....it's a shame the leaves are all gone now. :(
    Shane

edited November 23, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    Nice shots. Even better: Nice guitar. I've got the 410CE and I would hate to part with it.

On shot 1, try increasing your DOF to get both the squiggly design and the logo in focus. Personally, it kind of bugs me that the logo is fuzzy. But, that's just me.

Thanks for posting.

I'm not too happy about parting with it, but really it doesn't get the attention it deserves and like I said, my kids need a good Christmas.....I'm thinking about getting a 614ce somewhere down the line but for now I guess I can do without.....It's either the guitar or my camera and I REALLY couldn't stand to part with that. :D

Thanks for the feedback, now that I look at it, the Taylor logo being oof kind of bugs me too....lol. Hopefully I will have a chance to play with it some more before I have to ship it off.
    Shane