ch38: weak ones

adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
edited May 11, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
hmmm, I'm not impressed with these, hopefully someone else will be. I was pressed for time and ended up 'snapping' things, and it shows.

I don't want to go down the route of one flower/bird as I'm sure other people can do those better than me.

anyways, here are four "odd one out" shots
I really needed a polariser for the swans - it was an absolute nightmare, expose on the white swan and you can't see the black one, or you get blown highlights. I opted for the latter and made a 'feature' of it.
Black_Swan.jpg

Balck_Swan2.jpg

And this just tickled me.
Bollard.jpg

I left lots of water here 'cos I like the differing textures & ripples.
Bollard_zoom.jpg
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Adrian
my stuff is here.....

Comments

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    21819156-M.jpg

here ya go.... thought it looked better with a crop and well I dont know much about PS to figure out what to do with the water, but when i put it in B&W suddenly that black swan stood out more.
    Any way you can re shoot with the ducks heading our way....( I think my sports shooting and obsession with faces is rubbing off on the swans.)
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    I like the second picture, but I think it needs some work.
    The swans look like they are glowing and there is a lot of glare on the water. Try adjusting the backlighting, maybe add some contrast and darken the picture a bit. You may also want to crop it so that the majority of the swans appear in the middle...

I tried playing a bit, not sure how successfully, but here is what I was able to get..

-Judy
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    judyfuess wrote:
    I like the second picture, but I think it needs some work.
    The swans look like they are glowing and there is a lot of glare on the water. Try adjusting the backlighting, maybe add some contrast and darken the picture a bit. You may also want to crop it so that the majority of the swans appear in the middle...

I tried playing a bit, not sure how successfully, but here is what I was able to get..

-Judy
    yeah the 2nd photo the poor white swans are overexposed....great idea, but a really tough photo to compose in the camera.
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    winger wrote:
    yeah the 2nd photo the poor white swans are overexposed....great idea, but a really tough photo to compose in the camera.
    I like the idea of making the swans all "glow-ie" (yup, I just made that up) but I think since the challenge is "one" my attention keeps going to the brightness of the white swans.

anyway to spray paint the ducks black, and then put a white one in? Laughing.gif