Options

Setting Individual Print Prices

SteveB804SteveB804 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Pardon my nubie-ness, and my apologies if this has already been asked.

Is there an easy way to set different pricing schemes for different images in the same gallery?

For example, in some galleries I have a mixure of images taken with different megapixels, and I want to only offer larger prints from the files with the more pixels. Is it possible to set pricing for all items for a single image and then copy and paste the same price structure to other individual images without messing up the default pricing of the rest of the images?

Setting pricing for each item in each image manually takes way too much time, and I don't see how the bulk tools address what I need to do.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    TrulyAlaskanTrulyAlaskan Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    SteveB804 wrote:
    Pardon my nubie-ness, and my apologies if this has already been asked.

Is there an easy way to set different pricing schemes for different images in the same gallery?

For example, in some galleries I have a mixure of images taken with different megapixels, and I want to only offer larger prints from the files with the more pixels. Is it possible to set pricing for all items for a single image and then copy and paste the same price structure to other individual images without messing up the default pricing of the rest of the images?

Setting pricing for each item in each image manually takes way too much time, and I don't see how the bulk tools address what I need to do.

Thanks!!!

I too have wanted to know this. I believe that you would have to manually price the picture. That's what i did. But if there is a bulk edit for sizes and prices in the same gallery... that would be wicked cool
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    I have an idea for you. How about making up an unlisted gallery with the pricing that you would like to have on image level and then use this as a source for your image level pricing. That way, you could at least use the bulk tools to price one image fast at a time.

A re-vamp of the Pro pricing tool is on our list. I can't promise you that your request will fit in, but I'll bring it up.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2008
    I have an idea for you. How about making up an unlisted gallery with the pricing that you would like to have on image level and then use this as a source for your image level pricing. That way, you could at least use the bulk tools to price one image fast at a time.

A re-vamp of the Pro pricing tool is on our list. I can't promise you that your request will fit in, but I'll bring it up.

Sebastian

Thanks. How would I actually apply that source to individual images within an existing gallery without changing the pricing of other images in that gallery?

Steve
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    SteveB804 wrote:
    Thanks. How would I actually apply that source to individual images within an existing gallery without changing the pricing of other images in that gallery?

Steve
    If you go to 'image' pricing level, you'll only be able to set the prices for the image. That means using the bulk tools to load prices from another gallery won't affect the gallery pricing.
    You can't apply it to multiple images at once, but you can go through the individual images pretty quick. It's a lot of clicks, but no manual price entering is needed anymore.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2008
    If you go to 'image' pricing level, you'll only be able to set the prices for the image. That means using the bulk tools to load prices from another gallery won't affect the gallery pricing.
    You can't apply it to multiple images at once, but you can go through the individual images pretty quick. It's a lot of clicks, but no manual price entering is needed anymore.

Sebastian

Thank you, that worked just fine! thumb.gif

Steve