First Macro Shot

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited November 23, 2008 in Holy Macro
I'm not a macro shooter, but I was out at a park a few weeks ago, and I had the Macro 100 on, and a dragonfly came up and rested just a few feet away. So I decided to try and shoot 'em.

This is what I got. Is it ok? I don't think I'm going to pursue macro, but am I on the right track?

422051252_8nYGz-L.jpg
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Stunning work ,Sir clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
  • l2oBiNl2oBiN Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Nice start.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    I'm not a macro shooter, but I was out at a park a few weeks ago, and I had the Macro 100 on, and a dragonfly came up and rested just a few feet away. So I decided to try and shoot 'em.

This is what I got. Is it ok? I don't think I'm going to pursue macro, but am I on the right track?

Hi du8die, your off to a good start clap.gif and yes your on the right track.
    The more you shoot the better you will get.

Looking good thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin