Old Nikon F extension tubes question

RappahannockRappahannock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 13, 2008 in Holy Macro
Greetings - I've been a photographer for 44 years and recently caught the macro bug :lust, and am just getting started. I have some old Nikon F stuff and following Lord V's gracious advice I'm starting with a 50mm f2 prime and a reversing ring on my Nikon D80. I also have the F series extension rings/tubes - K1 through K5 - all metal, and totally manual of course. My question is will these manual Nikon rings damage my D80's contacts?

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Greetings - I've been a photographer for 44 years and recently caught the macro bug iloveyou.gif, and am just getting started. I have some old Nikon F stuff and following Lord V's gracious advice I'm starting with a 50mm f2 prime and a reversing ring on my Nikon D80. I also have the F series extension rings/tubes - K1 through K5 - all metal, and totally manual of course. My question is will these manual Nikon rings damage my D80's contacts?

Bump ... I don't have any Nikon Gear but hopefully someone else can help you out ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Can only say I jury rigged some old pentax tubes onto a metal canon fit Tmount adapter with no problems to the camera. You could perhaps put some thin tape over the part that would make contact with the contacts if you are worried. Can you mount the old lenses onto the body with no probs ?

Brian V.
  • RappahannockRappahannock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2008
    Thanks, folks.