Idea for Some of the People Photogs

crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
edited November 23, 2008 in People
Not sure if this is appropriate. If not feel free to move it or rip it down, I understand and apologize.

I know we have a lot members working hard on their small "people" photography businesses and I thought this might interest those members. And it contains some people pictures to boot!:D

I've recently added a local bands music as a backdrop to my website and included a bio page for them along with a link to their work and of course posted this all to my blog.

For more info you can check out my blog linked below and hear their music on my website, linked below.

Thought it turned out to be a nice "on the cheap" idea and just wanted to share with those who might be interested.

Take care,

Comments

• FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    That is a great idea, I wish there was a way to do it on my smugmug.
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    crockett wrote:
    Not sure if this is appropriate. If not feel free to move it or rip it down, I understand and apologize.

I know we have a lot members working hard on their small "people" photography businesses and I thought this might interest those members. And it contains some people pictures to boot!:D

I've recently added a local bands music as a backdrop to my website and included a bio page for them along with a link to their work and of course posted this all to my blog.

For more info you can check out my blog linked below and hear their music on my website, linked below.

Thought it turned out to be a nice "on the cheap" idea and just wanted to share with those who might be interested.

Take care,

Nice idea, but unless you are only appealing to the 20- somethings as customers, you might want to go for some more generic sounding music. I think there's a huge segment of the portrait buying public who just might click out of your website after about 20 seconds of that music.
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Personally (and this is just me), but being forced to listen to music on a website bugs the snot out of me. Not sure if I know why, just that it does. I realize that it can add a nice touch to the photos or the website, but give me the option to press play rather than making me press stop. I don't think I've ever seen this done well. I think this kind of falls in the category of "because I can."

But, that's just me, and I know I wasn't asked. :D Off the soap box.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    There was a thread about background music earlier and I'll toss in a couple of the points here. There are so many computers hooked up to good speakers now that when a website has background music it comes out of nowhere and fills the room. That can be good or bad.

For example, right now I am listening to a rockin' music podcast on iTunes while I surf the web, and it's playing through to my stereo. I go to the site linked above, and a completely different rockin' electric guitar starts playing right on top of my music, with a different key, beat, and genre...instant train wreck! That's the kind of thing that can happen. At least I knew where it was coming from. The worst case scenario is when I have a few browser tabs loading and I get hit with the musical train wreck, and have to quickly find the browser tab that's started to play full volume music and shut it down.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just sayin' that's what can happen. Maybe the answer for background music web sites is to start at a medium volume or fade it up slowly? It would be nice to find a good middle ground.