Sunsets & Silhouettes

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited November 24, 2008 in Landscapes
Sunsets and silhouettes are my favorite subject matter to shoot, here are a few examples from this past spring and summer.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

As always comments and critiques are welcome.
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    I agree, I love silhouettes, too. You have some great backgrounds here, but I think your "subjects" (the silhouettes) could be more commanding. A lot of these seem to blend into the horizon line. I do love the one with the reflection, though. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I agree, I love silhouettes, too. You have some great backgrounds here, but I think your "subjects" (the silhouettes) could be more commanding. A lot of these seem to blend into the horizon line. I do love the one with the reflection, though. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more!

Thanks for the input, I'll keep it in mind for future shots.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    i love the airplane one!!!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com