Independence Hall in Los Angeles???

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited November 25, 2008 in Landscapes
A replica of the Independence Hall (where the Declaration of Independence was written and signed) and Liberty Bell near Los Angeles at Knott's Berry Farm, an amusement park in Buena Park. It's suppose to be an exact duplicate and used in the movie National Treasure. Just a quick hour trip with a friend since I've never been to either one.

422427347_CDocL-L.jpg

2. The Liberty Bell is inside though.
422435129_44Vqj-L.jpg

422446377_EoR5R-L.jpg

4. I'm a sucker for flares, sorry.
507254469_YB8xq-L.jpg

5. Assembly Room where the Declaration was signed.
422456986_vvmpz-M.jpg

422453545_mnMJN-L.jpg

7. Now out the back. And what did I see walking back? A Snoopy Dog character. :)
422439731_Tms9d-L.jpg

Whole Gallery is here.
http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/6625449_peQBx#422427347_CDocL

C/C welcome.

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:

4. I'm a sucker for flares, sorry.
    422411980_38cgm-L.jpg

beautiful, flare can either kill a shot or put it over the top in WOW.

and this is a WOW...

love the entire series! i wish i had theses
    Aaron Nelson
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Wow, thanks.
    I shot that with a Sigma 24-60mm f2.8. I just got it b/c the Tamron 28-75mm wasn't wide enough for me. So part of the shoot today was to test out the lens. For a $200 lens you can buy from Cameta Camera via eBay, it's a great lens. It has 9 aperture blades so the star bursts are 18 pointed. I'm not missing the Tamron, makes a nice cheap walking around zoom for a full frame.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    I just love your processing. It's perfect for this type of architecture!
    edited November 23, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I just love your processing. It's perfect for this type of architecture!
    Hey thanks,
    I use Canon's DPP b/c I think it gives better details and colors and just do some photoshop stuff with PSE6.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Superb set of photos and wonderful place !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited November 24, 2008
    Thanks guys. It was a fun place to visit for an hour. The low winter sun made shooting in mid day pretty good.
  • CatoCato Registered Users Posts: 287 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Absolutely splendid shots and PP! I wonder if the owner or manager of the facility would be interested in purchasing them from you... they are just so good! iloveyou.gif
    http://catographer.smugmug.com/

Shooter on a shoestring.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Wow... I have to admit, your shots have yet to dissapoint me. I really have to hookup with you and the other LA Shooters so I can learn. Of all the photos I've seen on this site, I find that yours the most appealing.

Are you all still doing the Getty Villa? If so, I'm really going to try to make it.

BTW, I went to the other Getty on Saturday. Not to happy with it... I like the Villa much better.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Beautiful processing Tee clap.gif
    edited November 24, 2008
    Wow... I have to admit, your shots have yet to dissapoint me. I really have to hookup with you and the other LA Shooters so I can learn. Of all the photos I've seen on this site, I find that yours the most appealing.

Are you all still doing the Getty Villa? If so, I'm really going to try to make it.

BTW, I went to the other Getty on Saturday. Not to happy with it... I like the Villa much better.

Hey thanks again all.

Yea, we're doing the Villa on the first Sat. of Dec (12/6). It's a bring a non traditional prime or a zoom set to only one focal length day so that we have to work at our composition skills. You're more than welcome to join in.

As for the Getty Center vs. the Getty Villa, I find the Center much more cold and big, a bit too sterile and the Villa, much more intimate and more warm and inviting. But I find that I like both.
    edited November 24, 2008
    Cato wrote:
    Absolutely splendid shots and PP! I wonder if the owner or manager of the facility would be interested in purchasing them from you... they are just so good! iloveyou.gif
    Hey thanks, I used to contact the vendor of the event and such but found it to be more of a hassle than anything. So I just enjoy shooting things the way I want to, how I want to, when I want to, and just share them in forums and such.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Hey thanks again all.

Yea, we're doing the Villa on the first Sat. of Dec (12/6). It's a bring a non traditional prime or a zoom set to only one focal length day so that we have to work at our composition skills. You're more than welcome to join in.

As for the Getty Center vs. the Getty Villa, I find the Center much more cold and big, a bit too sterile and the Villa, much more intimate and more warm and inviting. But I find that I like both.
    Would you consider a 30mm prime on a 1.5x crop Nikon a non traditional prime? What time are you guys meeting there?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited November 25, 2008
    Would you consider a 30mm prime on a 1.5x crop Nikon a non traditional prime? What time are you guys meeting there?

In all honesty, you can bring what ever you want but I'd consider a normal prime a non traditional lens for the Villa as it leans heavily toward ultrawide to wides.

We'll meet when they open at 10AM (IIRC).