Caitlyn

donkeynomaddonkeynomad Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 24, 2008 in People
Here is Caitlyn, a young professional model that I have just finished a self commissioned shoot with. I love hats but I think I will go for a color other than white next time.

421679394_NW6MB-M.jpg
422650906_qkxDT-L.jpg

What do you think?
Rowan

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    The hat isn't the problem on that first shot. Her eyes are too far closed and looking way too far off camera to the point she looks drugged up. There are also no catchlights, making the eyes further look dead.

A reflector would have helped here.

Also, I have a hard time believing any "professional" model would pose with her shoulders square to the camera like in that first image. When you're working with new models, you need to be able help them with flattering poses. Don't ever let them pose with their shoulders square to the camera when you're going for a softer look (like a sundress and hat).

Again, on the second shot, I'm seeing way too much whites of her eyes. And you have it composted with her head almost center in the frame. And that yellow flower in the lower right is distracting. I'd suggest a wide open aperture 5.6 or wider at 150-200 mm to help clean up the background clutter.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• bon9bon9 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    I am no expert, but it seems that the outfit and the hat in the second picture aren't matching very well.