Fall-Ing Structure

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited November 28, 2008 in Landscapes
Dear Friends:

These are not the traditional landscape shots, but I thought they fit better here than in another forum.

This is a short series of a place I discovered while driving around looking to photograph Autumn colors. The place is gorgeous in color, but I felt compelled to do these conversions. I'll try to get them out in color also, as well as in a highly desaturated version, but short of monotone.

Mostly, this place was just very intriguing, and visually interesting. There was a lonely, abandoned, and left to crumble feeling to it. As if it was falling along with the Autumn leaves. Slowly, over a long period of time, going on in a perpetual Autumn. Inside the structure was this basketball hoop and stand, and wooden boards covered with leaves.

struct3.jpg

struct1.jpg

struct2.jpg

struct4.jpg

struct5.jpg

struct6.jpg

As always, any thoughts greatly appreciated. This is truly an exploration as I am not good at all at architectural stuff.

gassho,

Nacho :smile:
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    A Friendly Bump
    This one appears to have fallen through the cracks so I thought I'd bump it a little. Just an interesting place. : )

Thanks,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    These are interesting !
    Unique treatment with fallen leaves clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Awesome find Nacho!!!

And excellent choice on the processing!!! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Great series Nacho. Glad you bumped it. #2 is my favorite but I'd love to know when, why, and who pit up the basketball net. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Excellent series! I especially like #5 with the closeup of the BK net. These all have an air of mystery to them--like ghosts of long-ago basketball games!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    I like the treatments. I like the perspective of #2 and the framing of #3. I like the unusual perspective of #5 from behind the basket but wish the wall was sharp. The bright colors of the leaves look good in black and white. Sort of IR-ish.
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    These are really cool! Nice job with the conversions.clap.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    Very cool and interesting. #2 is particularly interesting thumb.gif
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 27, 2008
    I think these may look dynamite with desaturated colors. I like the compositions, but am not sold entirely on B&W for these images.

I am looking forward to seeing some of those with desaturated colors.thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Thanks folks. I truly appreciate all the nice comments. I will try to post a few just with a desaturation treatment. In the meantime, I posted a new thread with a few more shots I took today from the same site. I used a Sigma 10-20mm on those new ones, and tried to get a different perspective. Oh, and the basketball goal seems cemented (or at least to have a cement base that is crumbling).

Let me know what you think of today's shots? I went ahead and added a semi-frame with some lines from... (well, I was going to tell you but perhaps this should be a trivia question!)

gassho,

Nacho : )
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    nice
    These make me want to go exploring with my camera.
    Very nice work.