Options

Photographing 6-month Old Triplets??!!

fairytalefotographyfairytalefotography Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited May 24, 2005 in People
Anyone have any advice on Photographing 6 month old triplets? Two girls and one boy. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Anyone have any advice on Photographing 6 month old triplets? Two girls and one boy. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
    Hi Fairy wave.gif

I'm no expert by any means and I'm sure more qualified people will help you out here. I like taking pics of babies.. I would try to get them in a north facing light from a window or sliding door so you don't have to use a flash. get in close close close and take LOADS I'm sure you'll get a couple out of that. Take them in raw if you can so you can play with the exposure etc in post.
    Looking forward to seeing your results.
    Lynnthumb.gif
  • Options
    fairytalefotographyfairytalefotography Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2005
    The session went really good!!! All three babies were wonderful to work with and hardly cried at all until the end!!! Here are some that I got...

28.jpg

13.jpg

1.jpg

I thought the little boy was too cute!!! I love how his mom had his hair parted.

32.jpg
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    congratualtions
    I think you did an excellent job.
    They family shot is the best. It's a great pose/scene.

This is where European & US tastes diverge. Mom & Dad look like they have a uniform on. They look very smart, just the same. (please don't take offence)

and the third shot, well err, again I think it's a US thing. But if the parents like it, that's the goal.

The session went really good!!! All three babies were wonderful to work with and hardly cried at all until the end!!! Here are some that I got...

I thought the little boy was too cute!!! I love how his mom had his hair parted.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    I love numbers 1 and 2 clap.gif I like the one with the parents as well but my first thought was "why are they so far apart".. just my 2 cents
  • Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    I agree with Lynnma, my first thought was the same. They do look a bit far apart to me. The laundry basket, I loved. I think I may have put all those babies in there together though! Just for fun! Just my .02! Great shots, nice and sharp.1drink.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    thumb.gif Nice job, fairyt. I really like the first one.

Yo Adrian, the third shot being a US thing headscratch.gif You mean having the parents pose with the kids, or the nature of the pose itself? Wasn't quite sure what struck you as different. ne_nau.gif Just curious.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I love numbers 1 and 2 clap.gif I like the one with the parents as well but my first thought was "why are they so far apart".. just my 2 cents
    The babies couldn't sit up unnasisted yet, so I had the little boy on a bean bag. I had the parents sit as close as they could.
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    it was more that the parents were dressed exactly the same that struck me - sort of like a uniform.

The pose itself is really great.
    wxwax wrote:
    thumb.gif Nice job, fairyt. I really like the first one.

Yo Adrian, the third shot being a US thing headscratch.gif You mean having the parents pose with the kids, or the nature of the pose itself? Wasn't quite sure what struck you as different. ne_nau.gif Just curious.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2005
    I agree with the parents being too far apart. The closer you get the family members to each other the more intimate the relationship looks. With three, you could put the two girls on the outside legs and let the boy sit in the middle of the two inside legs allowing the parents to have their faces side by side over the boy. My 2 cents...
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!