So I think I ruined my shutter...

fullofpaintfullofpaint Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited November 24, 2008 in Cameras
My strap got caught on my lens bag earlier today and fell. Now my shutter won't always shut but stay open, but it only does it about half of the time. Does this mean I'm looking at a new shutter? Or any suggestions as how I might be able to fix it myself?

I was supposed to be taking some photos this weekend...but looks like that won't be happening now.
Canon 5DMk2, Canon 40D
16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-105 4.0L
www.timkerigan.com

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    My strap got caught on my lens bag earlier today and fell. Now my shutter won't always shut but stay open, but it only does it about half of the time. Does this mean I'm looking at a new shutter? Or any suggestions as how I might be able to fix it myself?

I was supposed to be taking some photos this weekend...but looks like that won't be happening now.

Send the camera in for an examination. Shutters don't cost that much, but if there's something else broken in the fall, you would be looking at a new body...
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Send the camera in for an examination. Shutters don't cost that much, but if there's something else broken in the fall, you would be looking at a new body...

15524779-Ti.gif

Also, where do you live? You might be able to rent a body for the weekend.
  • jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    rent
    If you need to rent a body for the weekend they also ship overnight www.Borrowlens.com is great I rented a lens and got it on time, and no problems w/ the lens. Thanks Jovitta.
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • fullofpaintfullofpaint Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    yea that's what I'm probably gonna end up doing (renting). I have a pretty good relationship with one of the camera stores locally and they've let me use cameras from time to time which is what I'll probably do.
    Canon 5DMk2, Canon 40D
    16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-105 4.0L
    www.timkerigan.com