Options

Set Pricing

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited November 24, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello - I am trying to set pricing for a preschool shoot but am having a hard time. I am trying to just batch price at a 400% increase but it's only adding 4%.

At 400% the 4x6 is still under a dollar but since it's my sons school I am not trying to make a huge profit.

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to individually price each size/product?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Can you give us an example of what happened?

I just tried the bulk tool out on one of my galleries. I set the whole gallery to SmugMug default with the 'preview' button. That resulted in the 4x6 at $0.19 .
    Increasing the price by 400%, priced the 4x6 correctly at $0.96 .

What did it for you or what did you expect? The math is correct on the tool and it should be for you, too.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    thdizzy wrote:
    Hello - I am trying to set pricing for a preschool shoot but am having a hard time. I am trying to just batch price at a 400% increase but it's only adding 4%.

At 400% the 4x6 is still under a dollar but since it's my sons school I am not trying to make a huge profit.

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to individually price each size/product?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

A UI quirk that regularly gets me in the pricing dialog is that you HAVE to hit preview to see your actual changes take effect before you hit Save. You can't just say 400% and hit Save.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question