Options

Adding Background music to the site

daveh_cdndaveh_cdn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
Hey everyone.

I have included a simple EMBED tag in my footer code in my smugmug.

The problem is that everytime the page is re-submitted (click on an album, picture, whatever) the track re-starts from the beginning.

Is there a way to stop this? OR, is there a way I can use Javascript to detect if they are at my main page only, and if so, play the music only there??

Thanks a bunch,
Dave.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Dave
    daveh_cdn wrote:
    Hey everyone.

I have included a simple EMBED tag in my footer code in my smugmug.

The problem is that everytime the page is re-submitted (click on an album, picture, whatever) the track re-starts from the beginning.

Is there a way to stop this? OR, is there a way I can use Javascript to detect if they are at my main page only, and if so, play the music only there??

Thanks a bunch,
    Dave.
    With all due respect - putting background music to one's site is a sure way to scare away practically everybody. It may sound cool for the owner/family, but for a total stranger who has an attention span of a few seconds to decide whether to stay, go deeper or press the back button, the music favors tha latter like 99 to 1.

"But that's just my opinion, and I might be wrong" (Dennis Miller Live)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    daveh_cdndaveh_cdn Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    With all due respect - putting background music to one's site is a sure way to scare away practically everybody. It may sound cool for the owner/family, but for a total stranger who has an attention span of a few seconds to decide whether to stay, go deeper or press the back button, the music favors tha latter like 99 to 1.

"But that's just my opinion, and I might be wrong" (Dennis Miller Live)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Yeah, it's prolly wrong. It's ambient chill. If it could play the entire time, it'd be sweet. I don't have a page for professional reasons. It's full of my climbing shots for friends to look at.