help

gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited December 3, 2008 in Finishing School
can someone please tell me a book, dvd or online class i can take for post picture editing and so forth. i have ps elements 6 and can not work it like i feel i need to. im not looking at spending all my time pp but just need to learn the basic so i can adjust my pictures for better results. thanks in advance and god love dgrin and smugmug for all they do for beginners like myself. godbless

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    I would recommend anything by Scott Kelby. I use his book for the CS3 program. If you google Scott Kelby and photoshop 6 you will come up with a lot of info that will guide you to what your looking for.

Good luck and have fun editing thumb.gif
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I would recommend anything by Scott Kelby. I use his book for the CS3 program. If you google Scott Kelby and photoshop 6 you will come up with a lot of info that will guide you to what your looking for.

Good luck and have fun editing thumb.gif

Ditto: Photoshop CS3 for Photographers is a great book, basically showing you how to do common photo editing things. Here is a sample, posted from the 'bonus' material for the book:

http://www.kelbytraining.com/downloads/books/cs3digiphoto/pscs3webchapter8.pdf

Though I have not read it, I suspect the PS Elements 6 book is good as well.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    can someone please tell me a book, dvd or online class i can take for post picture editing and so forth. i have ps elements 6 and can not work it like i feel i need to. im not looking at spending all my time pp but just need to learn the basic so i can adjust my pictures for better results. thanks in advance and god love dgrin and smugmug for all they do for beginners like myself. godbless

adobe has some great videos. I looked and didn't see any for elements. If you can get a book that has a dvd it is a great way to learn, because you see the changes right before you eyes.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008

Back when I had version 2.0 I had bought "Photoshop Elements for Idiots" and learned a lot from it. Amazon has a number of books along that line:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=photoshop+elements+for+idiots&x=15&y=19

There also are a number of on line resources available as well:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=photoshop+elements+tutorials&aq=2&oq=photoshop+elements
  • gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    thanks for all the information. and please anymore will be greatly appreicated. i have a long ways to go to be as good as the people on here.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    The two things I recommend getting familiar with first are the Crop tool and Levels ajustments. Levels adjustments are what will let you change the contrast and brightness of your photos. The Idiot's guide that I had bought delved into Levels adjustments pretty well and it was very easy to learn to do.
  • susanbudgesusanbudge Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    I agree about Scott Kelby. Very easy to understand and his books are laid out well.
    It is also amazing how many good free video tutorials are available if you just google it. I've learnt a lot doing just that.