Options

Pixely look on DG images

RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited November 24, 2008 in Finishing School
Does anyone know how to make images not look so pixilated on DG? If you’ll note my last DG challenge entry below, it looks very blocky in the shadows, and the people have little pixel haloes around them (it looks sharp and smooth on my comp). I’ve noticed it’s not just my images, but of course I also notice my images the most. I’ve tried to compress pre-upload and no good there.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
[FONT=&quot]Any thoughts? :dunno

417466118_KaAUZ-M.jpg
[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    can't see pic...could be dgrin deemed it too small at 800x768 pixels....I was going to suggest a lower iso....however 200 is your lowest i believe and at 1/200 sec that should produce great quality noiseless photos......one thing if this 800x768 is the native size of the pic out of cam then you just shot too low a quality jpg.
    Start shooting in Raw to get the best of what you are shooting and no need to down size so small for posting here when coming from a SM gallery.
    without seeing it this is the best I could do sorry

edit: found the photo I hope in your gallery
    Is this the dune with the 2 people in it????? If so it looks very good and the only noise ai see is in the shadow on the sand.....that might be eliminated by shooting off a tripod and taking several exposures approx 3-5 stops +/- from proper exposure and layering or sandwiching them together for an HDRI photo...but the noise in my opinon is from under exposure of the shadow on the sand....another way is to take 1 shot metered for the sandy shadow and 1 for you actual subject and sandwiching these together......not as high dynamic as other suggetion but would lower the noise......then there is the running it thru noise ninja or noiseware to remove the noise....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website