Options

Weekend favorites-hockey

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in Sports
Practicing again this weekend - 4 games to choose from, 1 middle school, 2 Bantam, 1 college. These were my 4 favorites:

Stephanie

#1422444819_Q9PQG-L-1.jpg

422446583_Dd59k-L-1.jpg

422454554_2qCf4-L.jpg

422461780_aFKUK-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    422444819_Q9PQG-L-1.jpg

I hope to God the check-er is wearing a cup to protect himself from the check-ee's skate blade... nice job... Wish we had a hockey team in KC... Just don't feel like driving to Topeka to watch hockey...
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited November 30, 2008
    What you see in shot one happens frequently lol3.gif

Nice shots but you do need to watch your horizons.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Stunning series. Impeccable work! wings.gif
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Bryant College? In Rhode Island?
    Are they a club team, ACHA possibly?
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    winger wrote:
    Bryant College? In Rhode Island?
    Are they a club team, ACHA possibly?

Yes, Bryant University in Smithfield, RI. They are a club team and are in the ACHA. This game was against UMass (either club team or freshman team, the week before they played Univ. of Vermont club or freshman team). Last year they went to the Nationals. My son skates Bantam hockey with the coach's son. The coach asked me if I would come and take some pictures of the club team this year. Its been great practice, I've been going to all of the home games.

Stephanie
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Yes, Bryant University in Smithfield, RI. They are a club team and are in the ACHA. This game was against UMass (either club team or freshman team, the week before they played Univ. of Vermont club or freshman team). Last year they went to the Nationals. My son skates Bantam hockey with the coach's son. The coach asked me if I would come and take some pictures of the club team this year. Its been great practice, I've been going to all of the home games.

Stephanie

Yeah UMass has a club team in a womens and a men's division. I used to play with the womens team (well before they were ACHA even).

There was an article I just read some where about the quality of play in the ACHA, some schools support really great programs, but just dont want to put into what it would cost for a DI program. (like URI and Penn State). There club teams are actually really hard to get on, and honestly I think are proably far more competitve programs than if the did go DI.

Hockey is great practice, if you can shoot hockey, you should be able to shoot just about any other sport, with just some minor adjustments. :)