My Yosemite people pics :-)

Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
edited May 12, 2005 in People
Hello All,
I'm sure you're all gagging on the number of Yosemite posts and pics, and as much as I dislike shooting people, I wanted to share some of my candids taken on our adventure :D

Andy and Gus checking out the view when we first entered the Park on Thurs evening.

21830404-L.jpg

Waxy looking for birds....lol and Sam shooting. I believe the 2 people in front are a couple of Andy's sherpas. Sid declined the honor :lol In IR obviously.

21830399-L.jpg

Sam, Andy and Gus at Tunnel View with Bridal Veil Falls in the BG. I think Sam is practicing his version of the Sid Squat, or the SS as we affectionately call it :lol4

21830406-L.jpg

Andy in shooting mode. We all know that it takes at least 3 cameras to get a good shot :bad

21831335-L.jpg

Out on the plateau to grab some pics. Shay, Jen, Pathfinder, Gus and Aeronut.

21830544-L.jpg

The Hughes' females (Connie and Missy) on the plateau.

21830541-L.jpg

Wrapping up a shoot in the Yosemite Falls Meadow. Denny (Lark), Liz who is One Thumb's better half, Gus, Andy and Gubbs. Again, shot in IR.

21830397-L.jpg

OK, I won't bore you with any more of my vacation shots.....lol Other than to add that the scenery was spectacular, and the company was awesome. As Ed mentioned in another thread, what a great group of really nice people :thumb :thumb

Steve
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    what a set of shots thumb.gifthumb.gif so you did keep busy :D nice work clap.gifclap.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Neat set of candids
    I'm glad to see them! :):

I like the one of Andy, the camera king! That's a lot of weight to carry around one's neck. Now I understand the Sherpa remarks...
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Cool! Always great to see the people, can't have too many of them, really. I guess I shoulda shot some. But then, I had Michiel with me, and he shot everyone!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Cool stuff Steve, what that trip just too fun or what???
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Steve, you have no need to hold back shooting people pics, you are good at it! These look great, and there is a nice variety to it too. Good work.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    Nice shots Steve,

Nice new avatar Shay.
  • MHughesMHughes Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Steve beautiful people pictures, you capture people well so try to do more. I was looking at the picture of Connie and I, so funny how I refused to let her go on that ledge, till I saw it it sure looks like it just drops off, yet its a great photographers ledge. It had what four drop points...Can't wait to go shooting with you again.
    [size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Nice shots Steve!! The IR is very slimming too, I like it rolleyes1.gif I like it a lot !!
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 12, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    what a set of shots thumb.gifthumb.gif so you did keep busy :D nice work clap.gifclap.gif
    Thanks Jeff :D

Yeah, I kept busy. I was the vehicle navigator rolleyes1.gif It's amazing we made it to any of the scenic sights......lol I also had to occassionally grab the wheel when Andy had both hands full of food rolleyes1.gifLaughing.gif.....J/K

Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 12, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    I'm glad to see them! :):

I like the one of Andy, the camera king! That's a lot of weight to carry around one's neck. Now I understand the Sherpa remarks...
    Thanks Dee :D

Andy definitely had some camera bling-bling lol3.gif He did well with them though. With the exception of a circus catch of the DReb, that was about to hit the rocks or the river, while shooting that slow exposure shot there really weren't any problems thumb.gif On the longer hikes, like the Mariposa Grove trek, he only carried 2 cameras......Laughing.gif

Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero