A Lonely Soccer Ball

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited November 25, 2008 in Sports
Hello ya'll - this is my first post. I just started taking pictures as a hobby so when my 5yr old just finished up his season of Soccer - his lonely soccer ball was sitting out in the yard -
soccer.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Hello ya'll - this is my first post. I just started taking pictures as a hobby so when my 5yr old just finished up his season of Soccer - his lonely soccer ball was sitting out in the yard -
    soccer.jpg

Why the -1.7 EV under exposure?

Could have looked better

424009309_2ZskN-O.jpg

Welcome aboard the board.
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    nipprdog wrote:
    Why the -1.7 EV under exposure?

Could have looked better

Welcome aboard the board.

Thats because this is my first time ever using any kind of settings - I am an extreme newbie to cameras ne_nau.gif However I will be taking a photography class and Im hoping to learn alot
    Your editing picture looks amazing! Thanks for looking and the comment! :D
    Courtney
    Courtney
  • nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Thats because this is my first time ever using any kind of settings - I am an extreme newbie to cameras ne_nau.gif However I will be taking a photography class and Im hoping to learn alot
    Your editing picture looks amazing! Thanks for looking and the comment! :D
    Courtney

You're welcome, and good luck!
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    The original photo is much better. Much.... Gold the only thing wrong with the photo (this is a nit pic) is the ball is too centered.

soccern.jpg
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    cj99si wrote:
    The original photo is much better. Much.... Gold the only thing wrong with the photo (this is a nit pic) is the ball is too centered.
    Thanks! I guess thats a newbie thing- trying to "overcenter" things ??
    Courtney
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I also like the darker version, seems to have more detail on the ball. Maybe a dirtier grungier look.

All I think I would have done different is crop out the brown at the top.