RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited November 26, 2008 in Landscapes
Enjoy.
424006541_a6jjN-X3.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Hi David,

A great, wide view! I don't think I've ever been there, to be honest. lol3.gif

Many panos that I see are just wide shots, but I don't really feel like they're realistic.. maybe due to the perspective, or something. But this shot I really do feel as though I'm standing on that dock.

Excellent, and thanks for the trip! :D
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi David,

A great, wide view! I don't think I've ever been there, to be honest. lol3.gif

Many panos that I see are just wide shots, but I don't really feel like they're realistic.. maybe due to the perspective, or something. But this shot I really do feel as though I'm standing on that dock.

Excellent, and thanks for the trip! :D

15524779-Ti.gif Great capture with an excellent perspective. I love the detail and the exposure to replicate the highlights and shadows as it would be viewed if I were standing there. thumb.gif Now for the one thing that makes me scratch my head... The sky separated by the pole in the right half of the photo - I know the color of the sky there is caused by the additional light spilling from the building; however, when I first glanced at it, the difference in color made it look like the photo was actually 2 different photos, one being the left 3/4s and the second being the right 1/4 of the image. I don't know if I explained it well but it just happens to create a bit of an illusion until you realize that the pole is a pole and not a break between images. I may be the only person that sees this so it may be of no consequence but you may want to try darkening the sky a bit in the right 1/4 to match the remainder of the photo. headscratch.gif Wow, I just used a lot of words to describe something that most people wouldn't even notice. It could also be the size at which it is displayed. I bet it looks quite normal at in larger display.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Thanks Travis/Schmoo.

This was my first attempt at photo stitching. It was four shots. I was not visually aware of the pole until I got home. I was kind-of shooting on the run as it was getting quite cold and windy.

The sky color difference is probably due to two things. The first is the amount of light from around the Gaylord Hotel and the fact that I am right below the light coming off that pole. The pole and that lighting is all in one shot.

One night I will probably go back and do it again. Hopefully I will have a spirit level and a good pano clamp with me so there may well be parallax problems.