Walk for the Cure

MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited November 26, 2008 in People
My wife, sister, sister-in-law and friend recently participated in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for a Cure in Dallas. I thought I would share a few photo's.

414481141_Y69VV-M.jpg

414472190_W69Xj-M.jpg

60 miles over three days is a difficult accomplishment. I take my hat off to all of those around the US that raised the money for the cause and made the journey.:clap

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 24, 2008
    Over on advrider, we ponied up for one of the guys to walk in one of the events more or less in drag.
    He wore a nice pink outfit of which each component required a dollar goal.

It's an important cause. Your photos prove that.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Beautiful. I love the hat in the first shot and rows of banners. I don't usually like selective color, but it's extremely effective in the second picture. What a moment to capture.

Caroline
  • MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Thanks Caroline. It was an emotional time for all. I was glad to capture a few shots of the event.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Thanks Caroline. It was an emotional time for all. I was glad to capture a few shots of the event.

I participated in San Antonio a couple years ago. It was a moving experience. I walked with friends and family, including my brother who has survived two rounds of Lymphoma-we saw his oncologist there. At the time, my sister-in-law had a friend at work battling breast cancer.

Caroline