DSSMC2 A or B?

PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
edited November 25, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been having fun with this Challenge and trying to learn some new Photoshop techniques. Which of these versions do you prefer? Photo B is processed with richtersl's aged photo action (thanks for the link Linda!). I think I prefer A...

I know...the whole concept is goofy, but it was fun to put together.

"Life is Good"

A.
424224470_9NBL4-M.jpg

B.
424235144_MXabU-M.jpg

Comments

• KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I like the saturation of the colors in #1. With it being whimsical, you might get away with going for even more saturation. (Just a little though.)

— Kevin

P.S. Not sure if the vignette is working for me.
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 25, 2008
    For me, definitely A. And I might tone down the vignette. Great photo, btw! :D

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 25, 2008
    J'd go with A as well. Perhaps consider removing a bit of the grass too.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Without a doubt #1, hands down! The colors are fabulous. The only thing that's missing is one of those peace sign necklaces...Laughing.gif.

You may also want to consider trying a Lomo or Holga action on the photo to see if you like the effect of either one of those on it.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    A. Psychadelic Norman Rockwell :) And I love it!
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Definitely A. I like your concept. Goofy or not!
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Thanks for all of your feedback! Much appreciated. It's so nice to be able to share and not to do this in a vacuum. I'll experiment with your suggestions when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks again.
  • achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    It's so nice to be able to share and not to do this in a vacuum. I'll experiment with your suggestions when I get home from work tonight.

At least you have a shot, after blowing mine it's been bad weather central. I got nuttin'.:cry
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
    edited November 25, 2008
    achambers wrote:
    At least you have a shot, after blowing mine it's been bad weather central. I got nuttin'.:cry

I feel your pain! Hang in there baby...and keep shooting...something will come together for you!thumb.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Paul, i like B, but with darker vignette....and i would bet i would like it more as B&W....

sorry im so different....but hey its another opinion to think aboutthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I like A... no B... no A ...hold on...ummmm... okay for the challenge I think A is the ticket. The blue sky really connects the theme. My personal favorite is B but not in relation to the challenge. The PP on both is exceptional. I agree on toning down the vignette on A as well.
    edited November 25, 2008
    Thanks Aaron & Travis!

Travis, I think you nailed it for me with regard to the blue sky & bright colors connecting to the theme better than the more muted colors of B. I'll try to refine the vignette tonight.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Did someone say "A" yet?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site