Interesting face

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited January 7, 2009 in People
The local Humane Society had a Turkey Trot this past weekend. This man was drawing characatures(?) at the event and I found him very interesting.

424358967_PMaV3-M.jpg

424359750_jpXe5-M.jpg

By the way, my daughter got 1st prize for having the dog that looked most like a turkey.

424356473_5DuM8-M.jpg

And she got her portrait drawn also:

424366024_qsWTN-M.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    I agree, very interesting face. The first is my favorite of these. I like his expression, the light on his face, the way he's framed by the balloons and the easel.

Caroline
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    #1 is my favorite; the artist has a very natural/relaxed expression there thumb.gif

You seem to have used a flash on 1 and 2, but that made a few hard shadows; On the first one it doesn't bother me really, but on the second one the shadow that is created by the flash/nose combination isn't a great addition to the shot.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    #1 is my favorite; the artist has a very natural/relaxed expression there thumb.gif

You seem to have used a flash on 1 and 2, but that made a few hard shadows; On the first one it doesn't bother me really, but on the second one the shadow that is created by the flash/nose combination isn't a great addition to the shot.

I agree. if you could have gotten away with less flash or no flash, especialy on 2 it would have been even better.
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    I agree, very interesting face. The first is my favorite of these. I like his expression, the light on his face, the way he's framed by the balloons and the easel.

Caroline

Thank you Caroline.
    LadyTX
    edited December 8, 2008
    ivar wrote:

Thank you. I see what you are saying about the shadow.
    LadyTX
    edited December 8, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    I agree. if you could have gotten away with less flash or no flash, especialy on 2 it would have been even better.

Yes, I think the picture would have been better without that shadow. Didn't notice it before. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    LadyTX
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    ivar wrote:

I agree. #1 is the best.
  • dreamcometruedreamcometrue Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I like #1, he is natural and the shot includes enough for the viewer to see his roll. good catch
    Artistic Design Photography LLC
    http://www.adesignphotography.com
    edited January 7, 2009
    Thank you grimace and dreamcometrue.
    LadyTX
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Both #1 and #2 are great shots but I like #2 better, just a matter of personal preference I guess. The shot of the dog is priceless.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking