Low Rez for Face Book or My Space...

Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
edited November 30, 2008 in Finishing School
I know I remember one of the posters here talking about low rez images for My Space...

What works best as low rez files for this purpose...guessing 72 dpi...640X480...I would surely appreciate the help...PLZ.
Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    I know I remember one of the posters here talking about low rez images for My Space...

What works best as low rez files for this purpose...guessing 72 dpi...640X480...I would surely appreciate the help...PLZ.

Just go to myspace and see how big an image you want. All that matters is the pixel count (e.g. 640x480). dpi has nothing to do with web display. You can see how big existing images are on other myspace sites by just right clicking on an image and selecting properties.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Facebook seems to automatically downsize uploaded pics quite a bit. For an experiment I uploaded some of my large JPEG files from my travels and when I right click and save, they don't look very good thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:

My answer to this was to take my photo in PS and resize t oteh dimension I wanted it to be in the largest form.....resize and keeping constrain proportions then take the saved photo and bring back to PS and save for the web and let the utility downsize to a fast upload size...shown in the bottom lsft corner of the save for the web utility......keeps the physical size and gives it either 72dpi or less....even less will look decent on Myspace......besure to put a nice watermark on all of them after resizing before uploading (of course).......or get the EGAMI web bot to track movement of your photos.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    My answer to this was to take my photo in PS and resize t oteh dimension I wanted it to be in the largest form.....resize and keeping constrain proportions then take the saved photo and bring back to PS and save for the web and let the utility downsize to a fast upload size...shown in the bottom lsft corner of the save for the web utility......keeps the physical size and gives it either 72dpi or less....even less will look decent on Myspace......besure to put a nice watermark on all of them after resizing before uploading (of course).......or get the EGAMI web bot to track movement of your photos.......

Scott,

Thanks for the tip...

EGAMI web bot to track movement? This is new to me. What is this all about. These are for a client. I am concerned that someone would be printing them...or snatching them off of My Space.

If you don't mind, I would like to here more about EGAMI...and there is supposed to be a way to embed your owner info in the exif data so that if anyone does pick them up and you find them used commercially, you will have prove that they were yours...but can't exif data be altered...seems like I have a program that will do that. Hmmm...

I'm not familiar on how to add my owner info to the exif data...

Ed

Ed
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    Scott,

Thanks for the tip...

EGAMI web bot to track movement? This is new to me. What is this all about. These are for a client. I am concerned that someone would be printing them...or snatching them off of My Space.

If you don't mind, I would like to here more about EGAMI...and there is supposed to be a way to embed your owner info in the exif data so that if anyone does pick them up and you find them used commercially, you will have prove that they were yours...but can't exif data be altered...seems like I have a program that will do that. Hmmm...

I'm not familiar on how to add my owner info to the exif data...

Ed

Wholly bat crap man...I forgot to include the danged link....EGAMI LINK......I do believe he shows you all you need to know....sounds very simple and I will be adding this to my workflow from now on.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Wholly bat crap man...I forgot to include the danged link....EGAMI LINK......I do believe he shows you all you need to know....sounds very simple and I will be adding this to my workflow from now on.......

Laughing.gif...thanks Art

Just wondering if you ever got a D300 like we talked about...or are you holding out for something else.

Ed