Options

Discount Coupon to Pop Photo Digital Days!

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited January 28, 2009 in The Big Picture
Hey all,

Popular Photography wants to give all Dgrinners a nice discount to attend one of their Digital Days workshops. http://digitaldaysphoto.com/

At checkout use the code: DIGITALGRIN30 to get 30% off your admission price! :thumb:thumb

There are two more workshops this year, one in Chicago and one in Ft. Lauderdale on Dec 6th & 7th.

Each workshop is on Saturdays from 1-5pm for $69, Sundays from 9-5pm for $99, and for both days it is $139 – all full price before any discount.

I will ping Athos to get him to post some more details, but I would LOVE to hear from fellow Dgrinners how they liked these workshops?

Thanks,
Markham

Comments

• Options
    athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Hello,

Thanks for posting this guys.

My name is Athos and I coordinate these workshops. We run them here at Popular Photography magazine and visit 18 cities yearly here in the US - and I've been using Smugmug since I first picked up a DSLR 3 years ago.

our 2009 schedule is up for the 1st half of the year @ www.digitaldaysphoto.com and includes
    Los Angeles
    Phoenix
    Denver
    Houston
    Palm Springs
    Boston
    NYC
    San Francisco
    Nashville
    Atlanta

The Saturday event is is 4 hours long from 1-5pm and Sunday is from 9-5pm.

We have professional instructors with rich photography backgrounds for each day. On Sunday we have live models and lighting for a portrait shoot, and we set up several shooting stations followed by a critique from our instructors. We provide slr’s and lenses for those without a camera or without a dslr during the live model shoot. Post-processing and editing is also covered – as well as printing/sharing/organizing digital media. There is also a Q&A on both days.

Saturday only is $69, Sunday only is $99 and both days is $139 before the 30% discount mentioned above.

Visit www.digitaldaysphoto.com for more info.

I can break down the day's schedules:

Saturday we cover all the scene modes, Av, Tv, P modes, etc.. - Depth of Field, ISO, composition tips, general photo tips, light, etc. understanding the fundamentals and building a foundation of digital photography and photography in general. What to do to get the shot, what to think about before and during you shoot. We also go into basic post-processing, sharing and show editing tricks with software like Adobe Elements.

Sunday morning from 9-10:30 is all camera based, more photo tips of light and composition, subject, more technical info on Av, Tv, how to capture that decisive moment, etc. - expanding on the fundamentals from day 1.

From 11am-12:30 we have a live model shoot where we set up lights and backdrops. After a one hour lunch we have an image critique of some of the images from the model shoot on our projector to show dos and donts.(participants volunteer their CF cards to be critiqued, we do what we can as time permits)

Then from about 2:30-5pm - with some breaks of course, we cover your workstation and workflow - organizing all your images with a lot of work in lightroom 2 and post processing in general, with some printing tips, profiling, etc.

We are not paid by Adobe, but we use Lightroom 2 for most of our demo stuff on Sunday, though we do mention other software. It is more sensible to focus on one program and show more things and mention how it works in other programs, than load 5 programs to show the same thing and get little done.

Feel free to contact me anytime with questions via dgrin or at work 212-767-4865 or at my work email akyriakides@hfmus.com

We provide coffee during breaks and also water throughoug, lunch is the responsibility of those who attend.

Regards,
    Athos Kyriakides
    Digital Days Coordinator
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Sounds like a good time and a good price. I'd go to the Chicago workshop if I wasn't going to be at Smuggy HQ those days. I'll have to keep an eye out for more of these workshops in Chicago.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    Monday Morning Bump! :ivar
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Imagination
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2009
    our 2009 schedule is up for the 1st half of the year @ www.digitaldaysphoto.com and includes
    Los Angeles
    Phoenix
    Denver
    Houston
    Palm Springs
    Boston
    NYC
    San Francisco
    Nashville
    Atlanta

the code DIGITALGRIN30 is still valid.

I hope to see you guys there.

Regards,
    Athos

mods if this is not ok please let me know.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Imagination