Options

Ideas.. for fixing this pic

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited November 26, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi!

I took some pictures of my niece and would like to make a story board for my sister in law.

I REALLY like this picture. have not figure out how to lower the overexposure on her face, but I still like the pic.what bother me is silly me, pointed the flash right at the fireplace! this is what I could do to make it a lil' less obvious.. I wanted to upload more than one pic to this same thread, but couldn't figure out how. . I guess today is my day!! ha!

Ideas, suggestions..

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    jjbongjjbong Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    GemGem wrote:
    Hi!

Ideas, suggestions..

Thank you!

Here is my attempt, which took just a few minutes:

425214115_49X59-M.jpg

What I did:

1. Added a layer in Luminosity mode.
    2. On that layer, I blended the merged Blue channel into the Red channel, 100%
    I also then blended the merged Blue channel into the Green channel, darken mode, 30%
    This restored some shape to the face and some detail to the hair. The background
    lost detail, but I assume this to be unimportant.
    3. I did a quick Clone Stamp on the background to get rid of the flash artifact. This was
    fairly easy, due to the texture in that area.
    4. I added a Curves adjustment layer, and lightened both the Red and Green channels, and then
    steepened them a bit to add some contrast into the face and hair.
    John Bongiovanni
  • Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Here's my attempt...

Created a new layer (Using the Layer > New, not the new layer button in the layers palette.) On the "new Layer" dialog, set the mode to "Soft Light" and check the "Fill with soft-light-neutral color (50% gray)." Then used the dodge tool to tone down the face and mantle.

That's all...
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    another quick and easier way is with levels. move the middle slider to taste.
  • Options
    GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Thank you guys!
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    another quick and easier way is with levels. move the middle slider to taste.

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions.. I will play around with it more.. Oh photoshop, what would we do w.o you!!

Have an awesome Thanksgiving!!
    GG