Two Families in the snow.

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited November 26, 2008 in People
Some friends from my church asked if we would take family pictures for them. The two ladies are sisters, one from Wisconsin, and the other from Kentucky. So, we planned it, and that morning it snowed. Amazing. We decided to trek out into a local park and see what we could get.

I'm realizing that I'm not very good at posing groups. Any good resources out there for specifically that?

As always, C&C is welcome.

424924380_Au5Ha-M.jpg

Shot from the top of a playground slide. This was the best of this particular setting, though not everyone was cooperating... But it was REALLY cold out. :D
424924429_6ejmr-M.jpg

424924484_m4hHf-M.jpg

424924546_PXTmT-M.jpg

424924609_2jf29-M.jpg

424924682_QNVS9-M.jpg
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Remind me not to live in Wisconsin!

Great pics. What strikes me is the color balance -- it looks great to me. The conditions look cloudy which gives a nice even lighting -- slight amount of shadow -- great to my eye.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Nice shooting thumb.gif

Some of the kids do look a little cold in #1 lol3.gif I think I prefer the second group shot which is also my favorite in this set I think.

My least-favorite is the last one; It seems that she is looking at him, and he is looking at the ground. It's like there are two individuals, instead of a couple.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Nice shooting thumb.gif

Some of the kids do look a little cold in #1 lol3.gif I think I prefer the second group shot which is also my favorite in this set I think.

My least-favorite is the last one; It seems that she is looking at him, and he is looking at the ground. It's like there are two individuals, instead of a couple.
    It's interesting the different "stories" people apply to a photo. For me, I like the last one best. I see them as a very strong couple, with her talking to him and him looking at the ground so as to not be distracted by the surroundings and, thus, able to give her is undivided attention.

As for the group shots, the second is the better of the two - mostly for the reasons ivar has already stated.
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Actually, I think he had just slightly tripped on a board.. rolleyes1.gif

For the first, they insisted on coats off. I think it made it look a little unnatural - who walks around in the snow without a coat.. Well, besides me. Up until a few days ago, I was in shorts and a sweatshirt.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff