My First "Real" HDR Efforts

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited November 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I had used Photomatix trial but didn't like my results, mainly due to bad shot selection. I shot some interesting buildings the other day and decided to try them in HDR (I just bought Photomatix last night). I also used it on this train that sits at the Sunset Station in San Antonio. C&C welcomed! Feel free to visit my new HDR gallery too: http://redleash.smugmug.com/gallery/6657656_S2oZX/1/424969158_8M5We#424969158_8M5We

#1 Train at Sunset Station - I think I'll print this one in metallic!
425173806_hunx7-L.jpg

#2 Old shed my brother converted to a chicken house - this is close to original colors
425172973_s3Y7i-L.jpg

#3 Old Building off East Houston in San Antonio
424969158_8M5We-M-1.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Good job Lauren. I like 1&3 but #2 seems a bit overcooked for my taste. I have been playing around with the trial version of Photomatix and am about to bite the bullet and purchase it.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Thanks, Jack. The shed image is "overcooked" (good word for it!) but it is pretty close to the original. It was a very interesting sunset when I took the shot. Unfortunately, I only have the JPEG versions as my brother's computer didn't save my Nikon Raw versions. I'm working on a whole series on this shed, so watch for it soon. I'll be curious to see if you like any of the other images of it better.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    HDR's can sure give a photo a neat look. Like the metallic essence in photo 1.

Nice you have noted that Photomatix has a trial version. No telling why I haven't tried it yet. :D
    Michael
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    I like the richness, and depth, of HDR's, yours included. Number one is fun to look at, but the shadows, reflections, and light direction, confused me a bit. Thanks for sharing. Will for sure check out your gallery.thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin