Riddle 05

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited December 18, 2008 in People
Dear friends!
This is one of the buildings in the center of my Voronezh city.
(For those who dont know - I live in Russia).
7796.jpg
There are two bas-reliefs on the building.
Now I will show one of the bas-reliefs closer

7798.jpg

and even more closer

7797.jpg

As you can see, something strange happened to this bas-relief - one of the persons disappeared somehow... (BTW without Photoshop :-) The girl is hanging in the air...

Now two questions:

1) Who is this deleted person?

2) why he was deleted?

Waiting for your answers,
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 27, 2008
    I'll take a wild guess and say Stalin. Considering the number of people he "disappeared" it would only be poetic justice.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I'll take a wild guess and say Stalin. Considering the number of people he "disappeared" it would only be poetic justice.

Good guess! Of course it could be the other way round..He may have disliked someone else takng his schtick. Obviously whoever it was was at least presented as a true representation to the people; as evidenced by the children holding toys representing all forms to physical transport: depicting how strong the region was in transportation, and the one child with an agirculture offering~

What's the History on the Building??

previette: tom
    tom wise
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 27, 2008
    Stalin is a pretty good guess. It's potentially supported by the relief figures themselves. One of the boys is holding a model airplane and another what looks like a submarine but could be a ship of some sort. That would imply that it is during or post WW2.

All the children appear to be in uniforms, I can't tell if they're school uniforms or some sort of youth group like scouting.

There appears to be bullet holes in the relief as well. If they are bullet holes then I would think that the person became wildly unpopular in that city. Since in the former soviet union only soldiers and police owned firearms, that would seem to imply that someone from the military fired at the relief.

Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev was unpopular with the milataristic hardliners of the Soviet Union and was deposed in a coup by the military.

My guess is Gorbachev: and he was removed by the communists that were elected back into office.

Of course, I could be full of beans too....
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    +1thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Yes,
    1. Stalin
    2. Cause of cult of personality's denunciation
  • tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    I wish they would have replaced him instead of The white out job they did,

Well more history destroyed.
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.