Playing around with Panos in PS3

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 28, 2008 in Landscapes
I was bored so I decided to take a drive a couple miles from my home to see about shooting these rocky hills in Chatsworth. Thought I would give creating a panoramic shot a try. Never tried it before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Pretty happy with the results considering the sunlight was a bit harsh. BTW, this area was recently burned by the fires here in SoCal.

The first pano is taking from 4 images and then stitched in CS3.

Images #2 and #3 of are crops of pano #1.

The fourth image was of a different set of 4 shots, with 5 bracketed exposures each. I then took each of the 4 individual bracketed shots and generated an HDR image. I then took the four HDR images and stitched them in CS3.

What do you think?

#1 = 1/640 @ f/11 ISO 200
425859961_ApeSZ-X2.jpg

425861877_rKJPt-X2.jpg

425861091_26wt2-X2.jpg

#4 HDR
425857959_EMxbS-X2.jpg

Oh... and I meant CS3 in the title, not PS3. Although I did spend some time today playing on the PS3 too. :D
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    The last one wins! Good work.
  • cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    #4 HDR
    425857959_EMxbS-X2.jpg

The last one is my favorite. I grew up in Chatsworth and live in nearby Fillmore. This looks like the area where the Metrolink train accident was as well as the recent fires?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    cpagility wrote:
    The last one is my favorite. I grew up in Chatsworth and live in nearby Fillmore. This looks like the area where the Metrolink train accident was as well as the recent fires?

That's the exact place. You can see the train track in the background, middle of the picture. The train was derailed by kids rolling boulders off the top of the tunnel, pictured below. You can see some of the charred trees and ground in the pano pictures as well.

425863220_8pJf5-XL.jpg
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Very nice job on the HDR--it looks great!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    I've never played with stitched images, but your 4th compo. is really cool thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Loved the last one a lot and the train track !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery