Acadia HDR

boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited November 28, 2008 in Landscapes
I'm still revisiting older shots for HDR candidates. This one is from Acadia National Park last summer, shot on a very hazy day. I ran 5 "exposures" of a raw file through Photomatix to see what it could do for the image. I like the results, but am curious to see what others think.

425926445_hpTey-L.jpg

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Looks very nice. I'm generally not a fan of HDR with it's fuzziness and all the halo, and that "photoshopped" appearing effects, but I think this show when it's done right it looks very natural with a good range of light.
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Looks very nice. I'm generally not a fan of HDR with it's fuzziness and all the halo, and that "photoshopped" appearing effects, but I think this show when it's done right it looks very natural with a good range of light.

Thanks much. I agree with you on the use of HDR. I've seen many examples of HDR that look completely unnatural and unappealing. But since joining this forum I've found examples that made me want to try it – simply because they brought a natural looking range of tones that took the images to another level. I'm definitely a convert. That is, under the right circumstances.