Fall-ing Structure, Part II

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited November 29, 2008 in Landscapes
Dear Friends:

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! A few more shots from the same location as in the original Fall-ing Structure. I took these today. I had to go back and explore the site a bit more. The basketball goal is cemented (had a cement base, which makes this location truly odd). Under the thick layer of leaves and brambles there seems to be a small raised area made of cement (the goal is on that), and around that old boards. I hope you like the different perspective offered on these shots from today. I used a Sigma 10-20mm as I wanted a more expansive feeling. Guess where the lines are from?

struct7.jpg

struct8.jpg

struct9.jpg

struct10.jpg

And here's one treated a bit and desaturated somewhat. It is actually quite cool if treated low key:

structdesat.jpg

Any thoughts greatly appreciated:

Thanks!

N
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Excellent angles and different perspectives mixed with color and b/w treatment; very nice clap.gif
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    DL, thanks. I was looking for different angles to see if I could add to the previous series. Now I have to revisit the previous images and set them all up the same as part of the larger series.

Thanks again,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Nacho,
    I've got a huge problem with these... I can't even come close to picking a favorite!! They're all great. You're last shot (with the desauturated colors) looks great. I extremely curious about this building... it appears to be in the middle of no where... and WHY would such a small structure have a basketball hoop in it?! headscratch.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. I really don't know much about the building, but I will be donning my P.I. hat and try to find out!.

I like that combination of the bare walls with the moss in particular. The first time I went it was not so easy to see this from the road. This second time the leaves had fallen enough that I could see it (although it helped that I knew it was there).

Thanks again!

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com