edited December 16, 2008 in People
Any comments?

7799.jpg

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• ScoupeScoupe Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Great light. Nice and smooth. Riveting eyes, and I love her face framed in the black of the scarf her hair breaking that frame for a little drama. Great texture on the garment.

What would I do differently? Shoot, or crop, tighter. I like her face where you have it, in the upper right of the composition, but I'd loose half of the sweater on the bottom and half of the background on the left. That would leave those fantastic eyes just above the center line and have her face taking up almost 2/3 of frame as opposed to the less than 1/2 of frame it is now.

Doug
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Yuri,

I'm always impressed and motivated by your work. You're not just trying to take a picture, you're trying to tell the story of your subject.

This is a wonderful capture. At first, there were two things that I was going to comment about, but the more I look at the image, the more I like the things that I originally didn't.

Thank you for posting, and inspiring so many on here.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    She has soo much maturity with that expression. Beautiful wings.gif :ivar
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Scoupe wrote:
    Great light. Nice and smooth. Riveting eyes, and I love her face framed in the black of the scarf her hair breaking that frame for a little drama. Great texture on the garment.

What would I do differently? Shoot, or crop, tighter. I like her face where you have it, in the upper right of the composition, but I'd loose half of the sweater on the bottom and half of the background on the left. That would leave those fantastic eyes just above the center line and have her face taking up almost 2/3 of frame as opposed to the less than 1/2 of frame it is now.

Doug
    Thank you, Doug - of course I will try to use your kind advice. We ve made a lot of photos - I will share them later on.
    Yuri
    edited December 1, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    Yuri,

I'm always impressed and motivated by your work. You're not just trying to take a picture, you're trying to tell the story of your subject.

This is a wonderful capture. At first, there were two things that I was going to comment about, but the more I look at the image, the more I like the things that I originally didn't.

Thank you for posting, and inspiring so many on here.
    Thank you for your kindest words - its a pleasure for me to read them!
    Yuri
    edited December 1, 2008
    roentarre wrote:

Spasibo, roentarre!
    Yuri
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    roentarre wrote:

I agree. Nice job. I really like the warm feeling of the light.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    I love the capture Yuri.....the overpowering yellow is a drawback for me....just a tad too strong....not thinking it should be "technically" color corrected but lessened a bit that her eyes would stand out "telling the story". As it is now, her eyes are blending too much with the facial skin tone.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Yuri,

Great job as usuall!! I agree with Scoupe with cropping the sweater, but otherwise excellant work.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!