Options

I've got shipping problems too... :-(

HosieggHosiegg Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 1, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
... but it's not the containers.

First when started ordering prints, I would get them in approximately 10 days (to Canada).

Now it's over three weeks usually, from the time they're shipped. Combine that with the day or two that the printing takes, and if you should happen to order on a Friday, I'm looking at a month to receive prints sometimes.

That's hard to explain to clients.

I LOVE SmugMug, as do my clients, but I've started to look for some service here in Canada that will give me the same latitude. (No, the problem isn't customs; some orders I place from other US companies will arrive within a week, also using USPS.) I'll keep my SmugMug account but I may downgrade from the professional account because I probably won't be ordering any more prints myself, nor will my clients using the professional pricing. Pity that.

Art

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    I hate to say it, but I never order through my site if I need the print quick. I use another printer and I have my prints in 3 days usually... UPS, no charge for shipping if I meet the minimum order...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Hosiegg wrote:
    ... but it's not the containers.

First when started ordering prints, I would get them in approximately 10 days (to Canada).

Have you seen the slowdown news?

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/538177

:(

We've had some other reports that corroborate your story and the news. It sure stinks. Normally, shipping to Canada is fast.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    I hate to say it,.

Hello Anthony, the original poster is shipping to Canada - different story. As to your issue, have you got specifics? We do gobs and gobs of thousands of orders in a week :) And the majority (far, far and away the majority) are received really fast, within the timeframe specified by us and the buyer deal.gif
  • Options
    garmishawgarmishaw Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Shipping to Down under
    Hi there. gap.smugmug.com here. I am down in New Zealand and was wondering whether many people down this way use the printing service and whether anyone knows how long delivery takes. And if I decide to upgrade from power to pro I was wondering when you state a print price is that in US dollars or can I somehow put it into the system in NZ$.
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    garmishaw wrote:
    Hi there. gap.smugmug.com here. I am down in New Zealand and was wondering whether many people down this way use the printing service and whether anyone knows how long delivery takes. And if I decide to upgrade from power to pro I was wondering when you state a print price is that in US dollars or can I somehow put it into the system in NZ$.

Shipping to Australia normally takes around two weeks from my own experience. Prices are in US$ and generally expensive once you convert to local currency (to be expected when being shipped half way across the world and current currency values).

I generally take orders offline and do my own printing to ensure a fast turn around time and the saving of expensive shipping (especially if I only need one or two prints). It is a real shame I need to do this as the service and quality offered by Smugmug is fantastic.

Who knows, one day Smugmug may even have an Australian / NZ pro lab integrated in this global world of ours :D
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI