2008 Turkey Bowl (Lomo attempt)

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited November 30, 2008 in Sports
Rather than due the usual and hurt myself playing in the annual Turkey Bowl, I decided to grab the camera and shoot the game. I've never really done any sports before so this was very much a learning experience. These were all shot in A mode with the lens almost wide-open so I could keep the shutter speed up. For processing, I attempted to duplicate the Lomo look that jeffreaux2 recently posted in the People forum.

1. Linebackers and Safeties dropping into coverage

426473911_ptkFH-M.jpg

2. Tip drill in action

426473981_ffk26-M.jpg

3. Around the end

426473841_ZWAmj-M.jpg

4. Two-hand touch

426473770_3B8T8-M.jpg

5. Catching their breath!
426473582_TUBDy-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm still sore from ours yesterday. I also learned that when I have a wide open lane to the end zone that I won't make it, I can only go about 20 yards before forward momentum and gravity take over...... I'm a little top heavy of late. Not enough players for me to be able to take a break and get the camera out this year though. Maybe next year!
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    fire1035 wrote:
    Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm still sore from ours yesterday. I also learned that when I have a wide open lane to the end zone that I won't make it, I can only go about 20 yards before forward momentum and gravity take over...... I'm a little top heavy of late. Not enough players for me to be able to take a break and get the camera out this year though. Maybe next year!

We actually had two different games going on at the high school. There was a 3rd game in between our two and several others on the other fields. I think I counted 7 games in all. If I start playing again, I will nee to remember to bring the crutches with me so I can get home afterwards!

- Mike J
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited November 30, 2008
    For not shooting sports, you have some nice shots. And it looks like you had a great time too thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Fantastic shooting. The vignetting works well :ivar