Options

Boudoir: Anna

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 4, 2008 in Go Figure
As I mentioned earlier, after the beach and a nice lunch we moved to my studio, where we continued for a while in a "boudoir" environment. It was kinda improptu session with no particular plan, she simply wanted to get something of the kind, so we just shot for an hour or so.

We started plain:

1:

426768789_EGxTH-XL.jpg

2:

426769742_YKNJc-X2.jpg

then switched to a bit trashy look:

3:

426768706_GmwXb-XL.jpg

4:

426769693_gvoPk-X2.jpg

5:

426769556_LvcNE-XL.jpg

and finally went to lingerie:

6:

426769201_bMBPg-XL.jpg

7:

426768999_T7FW6-XL.jpg

8:

426768940_f9Nyg-XL.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

PS
more from this shoot is still coming:-)
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    This is a gorgeous set! Great work!

Just a question of your technique, how much of the posing is you walking the model through every frame and how much is the model setting their own poses and you just snapping away?

Excellent.
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    This is a gorgeous set! Great work!

Just a question of your technique, how much of the posing is you walking the model through every frame and how much is the model setting their own poses and you just snapping away?

Excellent.
    Thank you! :-) thumb.gif

Great question.. It is really different case by case. With a very experienced model my interference as a director can be truly minimal. The "greener" the model is, the more I'm getting involved, sometimes physically adjusting the limbs ne_nau.gif . However on average it goes like this: in the beginning I explain my idea of what constitutes a generally good pose (S-curve and such) and then we play around some basic posture. She would assume different positions within a specified "shape box", like "sitting sideways on a couch with both knees on and bent" and I would make verbal adjustments, like "chin up, drop the left shoulder, right hand on your hip, etc.". I must say that most models, being fine females to begin with, can do it rather naturally and require relatively small level of direction.

HTH
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I think the lighting looks great. I want to offer some critique, as I know this is how we grow with our work...

Most of the poses look awkward to me, and her facial expressions don't look comfortable (or sexy/seductive). I think the best expression to the pose is image number 5.

Posing these types of images and getting good expressions can be very difficult.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    JimM wrote:
    I think the lighting looks great. I want to offer some critique, as I know this is how we grow with our work...

Most of the poses look awkward to me, and her facial expressions don't look comfortable (or sexy/seductive). I think the best expression to the pose is image number 5.

Posing these types of images and getting good expressions can be very difficult.
    Thanks Jim! thumb.gif Appreciate the C&C! bowdown.gif
    I must admit, this was not an ideal situation for this. I had two models and there was two of us: my buddy took me to "his" beach shoot, so I took him to my studio. And while we were pretty much independent on the beach, it was not possible in a small studio, so there was "shooting rivalry", "model rivalry", they were all pressed for time, etc. ne_nau.gif
    I know, excuses, excuses.. mwink.gif Anyway, there will be more from Lauren (and from both of them), and I have more in the pipes...:-), so hopefully there will be less awkward feeling.. :D
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I have looked at this series a few times and I am not sure I get it. The fabric over the couch is fairly amateur-ish. Her facial makeup looks like she is ill (some greenish skin blotches on her right cheek? The lighting of her skin is flawless though!!! (as always!)

Have you tried shooting a real scene, like a real couch or bed or chair rather than the fabric-covered scenes? I think what these are missing are some authenticity, of some sort.

Hope this helps, I'm probably just not getting what you were going for!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    I have looked at this series a few times and I am not sure I get it. The fabric over the couch is fairly amateur-ish. Her facial makeup looks like she is ill (some greenish skin blotches on her right cheek? The lighting of her skin is flawless though!!! (as always!)

Have you tried shooting a real scene, like a real couch or bed or chair rather than the fabric-covered scenes? I think what these are missing are some authenticity, of some sort.

Hope this helps, I'm probably just not getting what you were going for!
    Thank you for your feedback! thumb.gif Noted! mwink.gif