Max and Dori Candids

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in People
The neighbors brought home a puppy and a kitten within a week of each other earlier this year. The initial get-together was in their front-yard so I was able to take a few candids. Lighting was typical Oregon overcast with scattered sunshine. I just did some BW conversions on these and thought I would post for C&C.

1. Behind the scenes look at the first meeting. Not love at first sight. I'm glad to report that now they are good friends.

427091221_na2pf-M.jpg

2. Mom and son

427979814_m7hXc-L.jpg

3. Sharing a tender moment

427980154_GTjya-L.jpg

Thanks,
Mike J
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Bump
    Mike J

Facebook
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Very nicely done. Good B+W conversion wings.gif
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    love that last one!
    good shots and nice b/w conversion.thumb.gif would be cute to make it a series with follow up shots too, imho.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I love pictures of kids, but I kind of think the first shot would have more power if you cropped it to focus on the cat/dog. I also like the dad's expression in that one. So maybe I'd like a vertical crop showing the dad/kitten, front half of dog?

Fun shots!

Caroline
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Thanks everone of the comments. I've learned so much from seeing what others are doing and seeing/hearing different perspectives.

Jazmyn76 - I am thinking about putting together a set of those to give to the family as a Christmas present. They let us use their pool in the summer, brought home a puppy so we didn't have to, and added a kitten to complement our ancient cat.

sweet caroline - Nice idea on the different crops. I'm playing with this to see what could be added to the set.
    Mike J

Facebook