Bridge CS3

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited November 30, 2008 in Finishing School
OK, so... I installed the CS4 trial for Photoshop and played around a bit then, not having the money for more essential items, I uninstalled it and went on my way. Now, Bridge CS3 doesn't seem to want to create previews for my new raw images (ie ones shot since uninstalling CS4). Previews generated prior to the install are still there. I had to re-associate files with Photoshop CS3 after the uninstall.

Is this just an odd coincedence? Or is there a way, short of re-installing CS3, to get Bridge to generate my previews?
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Have you tried purging and rebuilding your cache? (under Tools>Cache in bridge). Depending on your settings, the cache might be a single common cache or a separate cache per folder.

Many of the Adobe products use common files among them, so I guess it is possible that uninstalling CS4 might have removed some necessary files. I would check that ACR is up to date and check your Camera Raw preferences (under edit).
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions, Brad. I'll give it a try this afternoon. thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos