DSS13 Thoughts

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited November 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any comments would be much appreciated :D

1) Here's the one I posted
427207968_fe7Lw-L.jpg

2) Here's another I was thinking about...
427206992_anZac-L.jpg

I remember seeing a previous challenge entry that was somewhat similar to #2, so I shied away from that a bit, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts if I should switch them before it's too late.

Thanks!! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• RebeccaHelmRebeccaHelm Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    [FONT=&quot]They are both very well done and interesting photos- so good job on that front! I don’t remember seeing anything like #2, and IMO I wouldn’t worry about that too much. I think it’s more a matter of how they fit the theme, of what titles you could give them and which one you think reflects clarity or diffuse more. But they are both very good! thumb.gif
    [/FONT]
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    I definitely prefer #2. I get the idea for #1, but because the extra stuff in the alley (the skip, the cars etc) doesn't really add anything thematically or aesthetically, I think it weakens the cool reflection.

#2, however, just draws me right in. Like it a lot thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    To me #2 is nice, but #1 is much more engaging. The crop is perfect. Have you tried a B&W version of that?
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Rebecca, Diva & Linda,

Thank you all for your replies! I've only participated in one of the challenges before (trying to change that) so it's nice to know I can get some images that "qualify!" :D

Linda, I tried a quick conversion to black and white in ACR while I was processing both of them. #2 lost it's interest for me in B&W and while #1 definitely held promise as a B&W, it calls for a lot of fine tuning that unfortunately I just don't have time for at the moment (too many projects all at once rolleyes1.gif) but I've got it tagged for further processing once a couple things wrap up.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    something that can beinteresting for #2 is a 10:4 pano around the interesting parts.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section