Anyone use FujiFilm S2????

therustycameramantherustycameraman Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited November 30, 2008 in Cameras
I am looking at moving up from my FujiFilm S5200 bridge camera to a DSLR. I am debating between a used Nikon D70 and a FujiFilm S2. I have a friend who loves his D70 and I am going to ask if I can check that out. But I don't have any access to or know anyone that has used the S2. I know it got great reviews. So I am looking at advice here.

I am on a limited budget and that is why I am going to go used for my first DSLR. I am wanting to stay around $200 for the body and then need a good zoom lens to go with it. I guess suggestions for lenses are good too, but there is another forum thread that has some good suggestions too.

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    The s2 i belive has a superb dynamic range and allso very very good meetering.

on the downside, it is a bit slow in navigation etc.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited November 30, 2008
    I am looking at moving up from my FujiFilm S5200 bridge camera to a DSLR. I am debating between a used Nikon D70 and a FujiFilm S2. I have a friend who loves his D70 and I am going to ask if I can check that out. But I don't have any access to or know anyone that has used the S2. I know it got great reviews. So I am looking at advice here.

How would you use the camera? (Sports, landscapes, family events, etc.)

What about the S5200 do you find limiting?

What features of the S2 do you find enticing?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    I would go for the S2 over the D70. It is built as a professional camera, the D70 isn't. But, both would be great! I have a brother with a D50 which shares the sensor the D70 has, and he loves it.