Want to print some pictures out NEED HELP

is300soonis300soon Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited July 30, 2005 in Finishing School
Which company can I use and trust to edit my pictures. I heard some companies will alter them a bit to look better. I have a chart also from a company about what size i should send them in for them to cut them down.

Please let me know, I will look for the links I have. I don't really know how to edit my own pictures to print yet. I am sure my monitor is a liar when I am lookin at pics and well I just don't want to waste money to print alot of pictures yet.

David

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    is300soon wrote:
    Which company can I use and trust to edit my pictures. I heard some companies will alter them a bit to look better. I have a chart also from a company about what size i should send them in for them to cut them down.

Please let me know, I will look for the links I have. I don't really know how to edit my own pictures to print yet. I am sure my monitor is a liar when I am lookin at pics and well I just don't want to waste money to print alot of pictures yet.

David

bump.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Can't help either...
    is300soon wrote:

David

I use a Mac and recently set my gamma to 2.2 and reluctantly turned my color space in photoshop to sRGB.

However, all of a sudden my prints from my Epson 925 match what I see on my monitor (21 inch studio display) very closely.

If I decided to send out for prints, I'd be in the same boat as you are.

I did stumble on a site on the web that had a person who sent the same file to several online printers and reported the findings, maybe with searching you'd find something similar.

Once you decide on a printer, I'd e-mail them for what they are looking for from you for them to make the best prints -- color space, etc.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    is300soon wrote:

David
    Wat type of editing are you looking for?

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com