My Granddaughter - Chloe

PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited December 4, 2008 in People
As you can see I a newcomer to the forum. But I am blown away by the great pictures and advice (and general friendliness) shown.

So I thought I would share some pictures of my 2 year old Granddaughter Chloe. Hope you likr them as much as I do. Not specifically posed - with a 2 year old you just hang around with your camera ......and hope :D

422900441_T4Yu4-L.jpg

422903756_ZqVh6-L.jpg

394165880_TiLoj-M.jpg

Thanks

John

Comments

• JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    I dig the tryptych at the end. That's really good.

I think you need a background more distinct, colorwise, from the girls hair for the first two shots.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    What an adorable little girl. She has gorgeous eyes.

As a grandmother I know the challenge of capturing the little ones. Mine either turns away, subtly but effectively, whenever I raise the camera, or charges towards me. Click while the clicking is good. The ability to choose the background is not always an option!!

I love all three, but the tryptyc is outstanding.

Virginia

Email
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Beautiful shots in deed! wings.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I love the last two - beautiful shots of a completely sweet looking little girl!thumb.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Adorable little girl!!

Next time try the tryptych without the carebear.
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated. I am of course totally biased and think she is the best model ever !! As of course you all (rightly) do of your own family).

I will have a go at a tryp without a care bear - but I just put the 3 pics together as a set without taking too much thought over the fact that the bear could be distracting. To be honest, I also am not totally happy with the slightly different skin tones on 2 of the pics. However I do have it framed on my wall.

I think the model definitely makes the first pic. I agree - the eyes do it. As to backgrounds - Flyinggina hit it on the head!! 2 year olds do not stand still EVER :D If I ever get the chance to take some proper portraits -with lights etc then I will take your advice on board.

This is a great forum by the way. (And I get a kick out of corresponding with all you Americans from exotic (to me) places.

Will post some more over the months to come.

Regards

John
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Will post some more over the months to come.

Regards

John
    Looking forward to it!
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    cute little girl! that second one would be a great b/w with a tight crop, too!
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    As you can see I a newcomer to the forum. But I am blown away by the great pictures and advice (and general friendliness) shown.

Those were my exact thoughts when I first joined, and still are! :D Welcome to the site!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
    edited December 3, 2008
    Jazmyn76 wrote:
    cute little girl! that second one would be a great b/w with a tight crop, too!

Jazmyn - I gave your suggestion a try. The crop works fine..but not sure about B&W? I must admit I am not very good at creating BW images from colour in Photoshop...so they always come out a little bland to me.

But was worth the try.

What do you think?

Regards

John

429681463_WkuiQ-M.jpg
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Beautiful young lady.
    LadyTX
    edited December 4, 2008
    ladytx wrote: