Water melon freak show (4 IMG)

roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in People
Frank Barrasi is one of the local Melbourne artist that performed in local Fringe festival as well as performing abroad incuding Europe and Asia.
He only lives several streets away from me! I had the opportunity to witness his freak show which truely frightened me a little.
He spent most of the time, screaming into the sky like a wolf howling. It was definitely freaky.
There were a few very concerned deaf elderly ladies without hearing aids turning their heads towards us as they probably sensed the vibrations on the floor.
The shots are not properly staged but I felt like documenting local culture in my home turf.
k20d + fa 43 ltd
106508127.jpg

fa 77 ltd
106508309.jpg

fa 43 ltd
106508320.jpg

fa 77 ltd
106508433.jpg

The truth about any artist performing is that they do not wait for you. I have a blast shooting the brief performance but most of my shots do not meet the required standard.
I found the last shot interesting as it revealed the kind of feeling I had at the time. I was wondering whether the red bits were his blood or the water melon flesh...

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    This gives new meaning to the phrase "To each their own". Eye of the beholder stuff for sure (I speak of his idea of "art" - not your images). Camera work and composition is nice though.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Fascinating. I really like the last one. It tells the whole story.

Virginia

Email
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    This gives new meaning to the phrase "To each their own". Eye of the beholder stuff for sure (I speak of his idea of "art" - not your images). Camera work and composition is nice though.

Hehe

I see what you mean but my role is really to document :)
    Thank you for your time to comment :)
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Fascinating. I really like the last one. It tells the whole story.

Virginia

Thank you Virginia

It is probably a migraine type of motion blurr. :)
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    interesting series. i gotta admit that i like being able to capture an artist at work too, however they find their artistic endevours.
    cool! not my cup-o-joe, but still kinda cool! thumb.gif
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Very nice work. The B/W isn't my cup of tea but I really like the colour shots.

Cheers.
    David