Does this work for you?

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited December 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took this shot today and I just can't decide on how I feel about it. I love the subject but not sure if the photo really works. This is as close to the statue that I could get. It was behind a fence. :cry Was wondering about your opinions on it or any improvements I could make on it with PS.

427709922_TsgG9-X3.jpg

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Cleverly shot. Beautiful work clap.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    B Rock wrote:
    I took this shot today and I just can't decide on how I feel about it. I love the subject but not sure if the photo really works. This is as close to the statue that I could get. It was behind a fence. :cry Was wondering about your opinions on it or any improvements I could make on it with PS.

Yup it works for me, wish I could walk like that rolleyes1.gif
    I'd like to know more about it, what does it represent?
    The characters look to be very well made, cartoon like in appearance.

You said it was behind a fence, so is it not for public viewing?

I like it, it certainly is unusual.

You have a bit of blue fringing, its more visible in the leaves at the bottom.
    Be nice if they would let you in behind the fence to photograph it.

Interesting Shot clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Hi there,

I see you made a visit to Carnegie Mellon University campus? The structure is called: "Walking to the Sky" by alumnus Jonathan Borofsky. It's an interesting piece, although some find it controversial which I guess for art that's good :D . It's illuminated at night and is a striking presence, easily visible from one of Pittsburgh's main avenues. Unfortunately, I believe they placed the fence around it as a result of a student body prank last year that implied a mannequin had walked too far.

Take care,
    - Deanna
  • B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Hi there,

I see you made a visit to Carnegie Mellon University campus? The structure is called: "Walking to the Sky" by alumnus Jonathan Borofsky. It's an interesting piece, although some find it controversial which I guess for art that's good :D . It's illuminated at night and is a striking presence, easily visible from one of Pittsburgh's main avenues. Unfortunately, I believe they placed the fence around it as a result of a student body prank last year that implied a mannequin had walked too far.

Take care,
    - Deanna

Don't think this is the same piece. This is in Dallas, TX. And to the other posts I have no idea what it belongs to. I couldn't even figure out how to get to it. I bet there is a lot of interesting stuff behind that fence.
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Sorry, for the error regarding any visit to Pgh., PA. However, it appears as though it is the same artist and theme. He apparently has installations-variations of this sculpture around the world including Korea.
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2008/11/148_33617.html

However, if you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh you might want to stop by CMU as I think you'll be able to improve your perspective for an image without much PS. Too bad the one in Dallas is so inaccessible.

Take care,
    - Deanna