edited December 1, 2008
    kdog wrote:
    Nice! :D

Thanks Joel. Did you see this sight?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Ah i never knew they are Jupitar and Venus. Great picture Btw
    Got take a picture
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 1, 2008
    Here in northwest Indiana it was cloudy and snowing so we did not get to see it. I understand that Jupiter and Venus with a crescent moon will not be visable for another 50 years.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Nice photo! I like the tree included in the lower right.

Funny story. I was photographing my usual beach sunset. Got up off my rock and turned to walk up to the car. I saw a man with a heavy tripod head down for the beach. When I got to the car I said thru the window to my daughter, "I wonder why he's coming to the beach now? The sunset and good light is way over."

I walked to the passenger side of the car and as I did I glanced one more time at the area and saw the crescent moon over the bluff. Thanks to that unknown photographer I stayed and captured my own photos, pulling out and setting up my tripod!

I tried for some photos last night but had a lot of problems with camera movement, even attached to the tripod. So tonight is my last chance according to what I read and we have heavy fog right now. Sigh! Maybe it will burn off. Next to try with the tripod is the "hang a gallon of water" from the tripod to stabilize it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I see you got earthshine on the moon as well. Tonight should present another
    nice opportunity to include the moon with these two planets. Rev up your
    possible locations to get the shot. :D Michael
    Michael
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Great shot! You managed to frame the crescent perfectly between the tree silhouette.

Apparently, we can see this in the UK to...but we have ice and cloud and rain right now!!!
  • jrogersjrogers Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    :( unfortunately it's cloudy in Oregon tonight!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I am so glad that you're posting shots of this phenomenon. My father even called me up tonight and left me voicemail to remind me to take a look at the sky. This is so cool, and I can never pull of astro shots of any kind.

Thanks for capturing the rare moment!
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Here how it looked in Deep South Texas...
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Very nice!!!! I like the bluish sky... I see it in the western sky from Phoenix.

It would be nice to see a collection of this from around the world... not to hijack your thread though!!!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Dee wrote:
    Nice photo! I like the tree included in the lower right.

Funny story. I was photographing my usual beach sunset. Got up off my rock and turned to walk up to the car. I saw a man with a heavy tripod head down for the beach. When I got to the car I said thru the window to my daughter, "I wonder why he's coming to the beach now? The sunset and good light is way over."

I walked to the passenger side of the car and as I did I glanced one more time at the area and saw the crescent moon over the bluff. Thanks to that unknown photographer I stayed and captured my own photos, pulling out and setting up my tripod!

I tried for some photos last night but had a lot of problems with camera movement, even attached to the tripod. So tonight is my last chance according to what I read and we have heavy fog right now. Sigh! Maybe it will burn off. Next to try with the tripod is the "hang a gallon of water" from the tripod to stabilize it.

Thanks Dee. Good luck tonite.
    edited December 2, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    Very nice!!!! I like the bluish sky... I see it in the western sky from Phoenix.

It would be nice to see a collection of this from around the world... not to hijack your thread though!!!

Thanks Eia. I agree. There's a post on "Other Cool Shots" from Australia, and the image is flipped. I took some more last night but have not processed them yet.

Dan
  • TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Yes, very cool shots!

Here's what it looked like in Minnesota. Not sure where the moon was ATM as I was just trying to see if I could get a star (planet clap.gif) shot with my new gear.
    A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    I just noticed this thread -- being more of a people photog, I don't check into Landscapes that often...

This is how it appeared Monday night in NH. It was slightly shrouded in the fog that blanketed us Monday. When I shot this, I didn't realize I was looking at a special celestial event -- I just saw a cool sky view on my way past the local elementary school, and happened to have my camera with me :D

429538973_RJoTr-L.jpg
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
    edited December 3, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    I just noticed this thread -- being more of a people photog, I don't check into Landscapes that often...

This is how it appeared Monday night in NH. It was slightly shrouded in the fog that blanketed us Monday. When I shot this, I didn't realize I was looking at a special celestial event -- I just saw a cool sky view on my way past the local elementary school, and happened to have my camera with me :D

That's a very cool shot. Would have been a perfect entry for the latest DSS Challenge "Diffusion vs. Clarity"
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]