Some more experiment with long exposure

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I had the time this weekend to give some more of these a shot. Let me know what you think!

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Quite a lovely conversion.

The first shot works better for me as it is clean, well presented. The 2nd shot has a leading line but the feeling is not there for me
  • nikmolsonnikmolson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    very cool, i think it could use a tad more contrast but thats memwink.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I think your continued experimenting and further use of this technique / tool
    is going to serve you well into the future with all kinds of situations that
    additionally benefit from using it.
    Michael
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    roentarre wrote:
    Quite a lovely conversion.

The first shot works better for me as it is clean, well presented. The 2nd shot has a leading line but the feeling is not there for me

Ya I tried that shot at many different angle and that was the best one I could get. I really like the first one because there is more subject.
    edited December 1, 2008
    nikmolson wrote:
    very cool, i think it could use a tad more contrast but thats memwink.gif

I agree! I live in the Pacific Northwest and this time of year we are lucky to have a break in the clouds for more then an hour.
    edited December 1, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    I think your continued experimenting and further use of this technique / tool
    is going to serve you well into the future with all kinds of situations that
    additionally benefit from using it.

I appreciate the comment! I love trying long exposures and I hope to get the chance to do some more soon!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I have come back to your pictures several times.....I really like the first one. I have never tried long exposures, but your pic. makes want to try it. WELL DONE....thumb.gif
    edited December 1, 2008
    Azzaro wrote:
    I have come back to your pictures several times.....I really like the first one. I have never tried long exposures, but your pic. makes want to try it. WELL DONE....thumb.gif

Thanks! I have only been shooting for about 4 months now so I am still in the learning phase. I want to pick up some ND filters so that I can do more with these types of shots! I hope to have more for everyones viewing soon!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Really like the first one a lot! What settings did you use? I haven't done much with long exposure at all, other than a few fountain shots now and then. I like your work.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 2, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Really like the first one a lot! What settings did you use? I haven't done much with long exposure at all, other than a few fountain shots now and then. I like your work.
    I used ISO 100 at f-25 with a 10 sec shutter. I myself haven't done a lot of long exposure. This is acutally my second attempt at it. I really appreciate the comment!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I just looked at your site. You have some wonderful shots in your Portfolio! And I love the dog gallery--I have one on my site too. Dogs make such great subjects!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 2, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I just looked at your site. You have some wonderful shots in your Portfolio! And I love the dog gallery--I have one on my site too. Dogs make such great subjects!

Lauren

Thanks for checking out my site! What shot would you say is your favorite? Ya we have a lot of dogs in our lives so I thought I would start a good set of them!