My 1st Time (6 photos)

hioo1hioo1 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited December 6, 2008 in People
This was really my first try at a almost professional photo shoot (grabbed friends to pose). I was shooting with a 50mm lens on my canon XTI with only the sun as a light source. Did slight changes in saturation. Any tips on what to try for next time or to improve the current ones are greatly appretiated.

325711336_fyctc-L-1.jpg

325712930_GdFah-L-1.jpg

325719071_FckWf-L-1.jpg

325718308_sW9wK-L-1.jpg

This one I tried some desaturation on it

325717092_e6vhh-L-1.jpg

This one I played with a lamp on the table indoors

325720561_2ADsV-L-1.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your advice!

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    You've got some good stuff here. I would have loved the first one if she didn't have the glasses in her mouth, especially since you can't see much of the glasses. I like the third, but the fourth has beautiful light on her face. If you can get rid of the deck(?) in the background, it'd be really good.

Post more!

Caroline
  • hioo1hioo1 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, I'll see what i can do in photoshop
  • Calm Light PhotosCalm Light Photos Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Nice work! The first one is my favorite, with or without the glasses. I just like the expression on her face. The second one would have worked for me with less saturation, eyes more visible and the loop in her hair not being the dominating element of the shot.
    Darlene
  • hioo1hioo1 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Thanks for the help, I had actually forgotten to put one of my favorite ones up when I posted last night. So lets see how you guys like this one.

325716633_NBBGD-L-1.jpg
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Looking at these with an amateurs eye...some nice shots.

I find the hair distracting on the second shot I am afraid.. But love the last one...it has a real dreamlike -sensuous feel to it.

I am afraid I am not too keen on the extra shot you put up - I think it is the black pillar which draws the eye in - distracts away from the lovely face IMHO

But if thats your first pro type session --WOW.

Thanks for sharing

John
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    The first one is my favorite..love the colors and the expression on her face..clap.gif great job!