Oh my gosh...they want 12 in the family portrait?

MaryBooMaryBoo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited December 3, 2008 in People
All that my friend wants for Christmas is a picture of her children and grandchildren. So 12 people gathered at my house on Sunday to take the family portrait. Due to heavy fog, an outside shoot was not possible so...here's the best inside shoot. (It's cropped tight as my backdrop was too small and they want to print it at 8x10) That was some learning experience!

427843185_MycZV-M.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    This is quite nice!

I see two little nits that I would try to fix were it my work:
    • The lady in red - her eyes are not quite fully open. Do you have another one where they are and that you can copy them from and into this one?
    • You might try boosting the exposure of the back row about 1/2 stop to bring it up to that of the front two.
    I think your client/friend will be quite pleased with this result!thumb.gif
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    hey... thats a great pic... nice job
  • MaryBooMaryBoo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    This is quite nice!

I see two little nits that I would try to fix were it my work:
    • The lady in red - her eyes are not quite fully open. Do you have another one where they are and that you can copy them from and into this one?
    • You might try boosting the exposure of the back row about 1/2 stop to bring it up to that of the front two.
    I think your client/friend will be quite pleased with this result!thumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Right now I've only got the basics down for post processing, and need to learn lots more. I've got Lightroom and Elements to work with. Can I adjust the exposure of just the back row with either of these tools?

As for the lady in red, she was one the the three difficult ones and the other two where the little ones :D Her eyes are a bit more open in the shot below. Again, would it be possible to copy/paste her eyes using Lightroom or Elements?

427843062_bDuZo-M.jpg
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    MaryBoo wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback! Right now I've only got the basics down for post processing, and need to learn lots more. I've got Lightroom and Elements to work with. Can I adjust the exposure of just the back row with either of these tools?

As for the lady in red, she was one the the three difficult ones and the other two where the little ones :D Her eyes are a bit more open in the shot below. Again, would it be possible to copy/paste her eyes using Lightroom or Elements?
    I'm not an Elements expert (or an expert of any sort, should the question come up), but I think you can do a selection and copy/paste operation in Elements.

As for the adjusting the exposure, play with a gradient layer and levels layer. Between these two you should be able to get the job done.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008

Lightroom 2s gradient filter does a good job fixing this FAST