Some Shots of My Daughter

Calm Light PhotosCalm Light Photos Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited December 4, 2008 in People
One can never practice too much, and thankfully my daughter is a willing subject (most of the time!) C&C always appreciated. Thank you for looking!

428919216_4F6ps-L.jpg

428919194_FQxGB-L.jpg

428919231_qFBo5-L.jpg

428919220_K77q6-L.jpg

428919237_iMHgu-L.jpg

428919246_KmaPF-L.jpg

428919255_i2doW-L.jpg

428919264_2HEq3-L.jpg

428919203_sivYx-L.jpg

428919190_apX5T-L.jpg

428919181_LS5eR-L.jpg

Comments

• neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I really like 1,3 and 5... I cant C&C you (im just a hack ) but I like the lighting on those.. beautiful daughter BTW ... nice job :D
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    #5 does it for me - very nicely done!thumb.gif
  • loubellloubell Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Well Done!
    I love all the shot! I am continously taking pictures of a beautiful 13 year old girl I have custody of... She is use to having the camera shoved in her face!

The lighting in these photographs are wonderful.

You have captured so many of her expressions. iloveyou.gif

I love # 2 - I am a sucker for close up and Macro and B/W! Her eyes explain her mood! It's all in her eyes and you captured that!

#6 - The lighting is perfect! The shadows on the right side fit perfectly with the combination of the bright light on the left! Beautiful Shot!

#9, 10, and 11 - Absolutely gorgeous! Again very well done!

I'm a fan of your photography now! Love it!
    ~If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black and white, you will show the color of their soul.~

http://www.myspace.com/loubellsunrise

http://www.freespiritphotography.com/smugmug
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    1,2 & 5 are my faves. She has very compelling eyes!!

I don't have the skills to CC...only you know if you have captured the real person. I like the natural poses you have gone for.

Thanks for sharing

John
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Overall I like them. Watch the eyes and make sure they are in focus. Watch the highlights when it's this bright out and the only other thing is it apears you've either got a dead pixel or a big piece of crud on the sensor/lens, which can easily be removed via PP.

I really like #1.

glenn
  • Calm Light PhotosCalm Light Photos Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Thank you all for your wonderful compliments and suggestions! It's helpful to have several sets of eyes, as we all see things differently.

Glenn, I'm very curious about something you mentioned. How on earth can you tell that I might have one dead pixel or a piece of crud on lens/sensor? You must have X-ray vision!! I can't fix it in PS because I don't know how to use that program yet. :D
    edited December 4, 2008
    glennp wrote:
    Overall I like them. Watch the eyes and make sure they are in focus. Watch the highlights when it's this bright out and the only other thing is it apears you've either got a dead pixel or a big piece of crud on the sensor/lens, which can easily be removed via PP.

I really like #1.

glenn
    Now that it's been brought to my attention, I see something too. It's most easily seen in 6, 7, and 8.

In 6 and 7, it's a white spot in the upper left quarter of the frame. In #8, its about mid-line, on the right half of the frame. It doesn't quite look like any sensor dust bunnies I've seen before - but, I've not seen everythingmwink.gif.

At any rate, it's an easy clone job on these. The fun part will be trying to find it in the camera/lens. There's only two places I know it's not (1) the mirror, and (2) the front element of the lens.

Hmmm ... looking them again, is there any chance that these bright spots are an flying insect that just happened to catch the light in the right way? In each of the three images, the light is the same and a bug behind the model might catch the light in this manner.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    I like 1, 3, and 5.

I see the blinky critters...not in all photos...so it appears to be an anomaly in the background. I don't think it's in your camera...sensor dust spots usually appear as little dirty spots in your picture since they are blocking the light to the sensor. These are pretty well lit, especially the pair at bottom left of #3.

Thanks for sharing...your daughter is very photogenic.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Calm Light PhotosCalm Light Photos Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Now that it's been brought to my attention, I see something too. It's most easily seen in 6, 7, and 8.

In 6 and 7, it's a white spot in the upper left quarter of the frame. In #8, its about mid-line, on the right half of the frame. It doesn't quite look like any sensor dust bunnies I've seen before - but, I've not seen everythingmwink.gif.

At any rate, it's an easy clone job on these. The fun part will be trying to find it in the camera/lens. There's only two places I know it's not (1) the mirror, and (2) the front element of the lens.

Hmmm ... looking them again, is there any chance that these bright spots are an flying insect that just happened to catch the light in the right way? In each of the three images, the light is the same and a bug behind the model might catch the light in this manner.

Thank you Scott and Ed. Ya know, I'm going to go with the bug theory because 6, 7 and 8 were shot in the middle of summer in the morning and #3 was shot in the afternoon in late August and here in Maine we have bugs - LOTS of bugs (much to my dismay!)

I think spending time here on dgrin as often as possible will eventually be equivalent to going to photography school, right!!
    edited December 4, 2008
    Thank you Scott and Ed. Ya know, I'm going to go with the bug theory because 6, 7 and 8 were shot in the middle of summer in the morning and #3 was shot in the afternoon in late August and here in Maine we have bugs - LOTS of bugs (much to my dismay!)

I think spending time here on dgrin as often as possible will eventually be equivalent to going to photography school, right!!
    There are lots of folks here who contribute on a regular basis and help to make DGrin a really active and enjoyable site, making it a real treasure trove of very useful information.

But, just a small word of caution - This is the internet. Even here where everyone tries so hard to be helpful rather than hurtful, people will sometimes post opinion rather than fact. When I post something I'm not sure about, I try to add a comment to that affect but I'm not always successful in that. And not all do make that effort.

The moral to the story is, "Trust, but verify!" A learning is really not yours until you have tried it and practiced it a bit.